Another company trying to steal FlowHives design

As I said…[quote=“Kirsten_Redlich, post:20, topic:10713”]
I think this blatant copying without acknowledgment of Flow Hive is outrageous
[/quote]

& you must acknowledge precedent. My reference to the earlier patent, which somewhere early on the Anderson’s referred to, was that these ideas can be built upon. Not whether it was made or how successful it in particular was.

2 Likes

I agree about competition- just not criminal counterfeiting and blatant outrageous lying. I apologise if it sounded like I was against competition- just can’t see anything to like about these ‘CrapHive’ :poop: TM scoundrels :hugs:

@Kirsten_Redlich Im also sorry if I misinterpreted what you were getting at. I’ve just heard other people bag Flow mentioning that patent and saying flow ‘stole’ it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.
We are aware of this infringement, and Cedar and the legal team are looking into it.
This is not our first dealing with fakes.
But the blatant copy of video, terminology, and “new” design is hilarious.
The Flow Frames use the principle of the bees filling the little gaps with wax, and then capping the honey. That is the invention and how the invention works… so the honey can run straight out of the hive.
The caps should also stay in tact when harvesting. That is why the Flow Frames have offset heights to prevent the caps from breaking.
They are just re-wording, and calling them new ideas, when this is all information from Flow.
I think I also saw this “backyard” beekeeper in another video when he was selling his new invention - another Flow Frames copycat.
I’ve seen a few videos where they get actors in to sell something on a video, or testimonials, etc. Or “this is my true story”. Now I understand why we had so many people asking - is this real, or another scam? It seems there have been a few fraudsters for a while out there taking advantage of people with fake products and claims :frowning2::

I had the experience with a tinnitus treatment which sounded really good, but I did feel a bit funny when watching the movie. It sounded kind of scripted. And the testimonials didn’t seem authentic. Then I started researching into the product and inventor, and found out they were fake aliases, etc., etc.
Anyway… hopefully the legal team will be able to shut down this guy/company soon, and I hope they will get some massive fines.

8 Likes

Have had a new FB add pop up showing a knock off of Flow hive. They say it is patented. How can they do that? It is called Tapcomb I believe. Any one else seeing it?

Yes,

They’ve got Wilford Brimley doing their promo’s.
Doesn’t he know too much honey isn’t good for his dibeetus!

2 Likes

OMG is it really him?

1 Like

The bleeding eyes??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It does look like him lol

All the indicators point to China. I noticed that the owner of the Trademark resides in Hong Kong, so I think all the suspicions here are spot on. Its a Flow copy with shortened cell walls so they can claim that its the bees that create the comb. As Faroe has stated, the alternating height of the cells keeps the capping intact, this is extremely important to preventing a flood of light honey down the outside cappings and onto the brood below.

1 Like

Now I’m really craving some General Tso’s Chicken!

1 Like

I might feel a little more sympathetic towards this if the price of the Flow hive came down. It is generally recognised that it is an expensive product for what it contains. Competition is healthy, keeps producers on their toes and honest in terms of price. Competition will come, be it the current mob or someone else. Flow hive make it easier for competition to come into the market place if they hold their prices and the product can be produced by others and marketed cheaper

2 Likes

These people in the US, have stated that their’s is the world’s first "“tappable” hive and have apparently stolen Australia’s invention.
How is this allowed to happen as I would have thought Australia’s would have been protected by patents, etc.
Hope Stu and Cedar get the lawyers onto them and any others that copy such a great invention without permission.

Ray

2 Likes

Hi All, I just thought I’d chime in. I’m part of the management team here at Flow. Here is what we have found so far. Tapcomb is owned by “Beebot Limited” based in Hong Kong.

They have no Patents lodged in the U.S we can find and no links I have been able to see to any development team in California, as stated in their promotional material.

The address listed on their website is a recently sold residential townhouse in Portland Oregon, not a business address.

The frame they show in their video is a cheap Chinese copy, which infringes on many aspects of the Flow patent, and we will be enforcing our ownership of this Intellectual Property decisively.

The founder of Beebot appears to be based in Hong Kong and our legal team is currently making contact.

Regardless of your opinion of Flow technology, I think most sensible people would agree that the claims of Tapcomb being a patented product developed in the U.S over many years look fairly flimsy in this context.

Given the information available to us, we are treating Tapcomb in the same manner as any other black market manufacturer, and suggest it would be a very risky move for any beekeeper to trust their money, or health of their colony to any company attempting to make an opportunistic profit using illegal means.

13 Likes

It’s quite clear everything on their website and facebook page is false. If you look at the comments on the facebook page you can see a lot of them come from HK based people- clearly all fake comments. The claims about holding patents are also clearly straight out lies- even pending patents can be searched and they don’t have any. Your being quite generous when you say ‘fairly flimsy’ :wink: And as you say the frame that guy is holding in the video is merely one of the fake flow frames seen on ebay and amazon, etc. The entire thing is just an elaborate attempt to rebrand the existing fakes coming out of China- and to try and steal just about every form of Flow IP- from marketing materials to the patents… Funny that they state they will soon be having a crowd funding drive- I can’t see that going very well.

Hopefully the entire fake company will disappear very fast.

You may have already seen this but there is some good info about going directly after the counterfeiters in China here:

2 Likes

The crowd funding mob would be pretty keen if that ran with it, one would reckon.

It’s on:

https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=1320416078046924_1322663407822191&p=-27&count=3&pc=1&ft_ent_identifier=1320416078046924&gfid=AQC71d9nughGOXhF&preview_rid=1322681197820412&refid=52&tn=R#1322681197820412

I’ll give it to them: they are Shameless Liars

2 Likes

No problem. I’ve been guilty of same myself :slight_smile:

I made a comment on their page & it was deleted…

2 Likes

That’s because your comment was “fake news”… i.e. it did not flatter their view of reality.

4 Likes

Ah, but they have “alternate facts”… :imp:

1 Like