Bee Culture Latest Articles

Certainly looks more interesting than our Beecraft.
I had a look at the article on the sale of invasive species across the world; astounded to see that our beautiful blue cornflower is deemed invasive in parts of the USA…
and you know how beekeepers LOVE Himalayan Balsam :smile:

I get Bee Craft it’s OK and the BBKA news and my Local Warwickshire Group. As well as all the stuff and Studies online

In “The Princess Bride” when Vizzini keeps saying “Inconceivable!” finally Inigo Montoya says “I don’t think that word means what you think it does.” I think “invasive” actually means “bee plant”…

4 Likes

OK I refuse to read any more Beeculture articles - STUDY FINDS GLYPHOSATE AND ACETAMIPRID TO HAVE RELATIVELY LOW TOXICITY FOR HONEY BEES

What they fail to tell you is the government bodies for U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS) is run by people who have or have had worked at Monsanto, although Round up is a Fisons product, sold to Rhône-Poulenc which I believe Bayer owns:-

The “Big 6” pesticide and GMO corporations are BASF, Bayer, Dupont, Dow Chemical Company, Monsanto, and Syngenta. They are so called because they dominate the agricultural input market – that is, they own the world’s seed, pesticide and biotechnology industries.

“The researchers found that 26 pesticides, including many (but not all) neonicotinoids, organophosphates, and pyrethroids killed nearly all of the bees that came into contact with the test pesticide sprays. However, seven pesticides, including glyphosate and acetamiprid, killed practically no bees in the tests. Glyphosate is the active ingredient in the herbicide commonly known as Roundup and acetamiprid is a neonicotinoid.”

Big pharma’s attitude is morally appalling but money talks. I think every " little man’s" protest DOES count

Which is one of the reasons I got into Bee keeping - I read another article today - Can’t remember where May have been but the quote is:

[B]“The future of beekeeping is not in 1 beekeeper with 60,000 hives, but rather 60,000 people with 1 hive.”[/B]

This is what I’ve been saying “the world needs more beekeepers”

Not sure who is running the digital side of Bee Culture but they have really screwed it up. Latest app update doesn’t let you buy magazines through in app purchase, you have to use their antiquated website and then link your subscription back to your device. My previous in app purchases are playing up too, so I’ve effectively lost access to purchased content.

Does anyone know if you can just subscribe and get non-drm’d pdf files that can be used on multiple devices without all the hoop jumping?