Bee Photographs

Torn down queen cell.

3 Likes

Yes, from what I can observe the Italians are much more aggressive forages then the mixed species that came in the package.

Not necessarily. It depends on where you are and the season. Here in the UK the Spring mad rush for pollen has subsided and the bees are kicking in to nectar storage in preparation for reproducing the colony and for maintaining the remaining one over winter. It’s June 8th. Midsummer heralds a slowing of the queen’s laying rate.

Can anyone identify this Bumble Bee?? She was visiting my Flow Hive’s Roof. Poor thing has a leg missing.

Has been Suggested as a Tree bumblebee - Bombus hypnorum

Playing with new camera

5 Likes

Snap

11 Likes

Beautiful @Dee, really gorgeous macro photos.

Towards the end of summer & I thought the bees were just bearding this box (possum box 20 m up & unfortunately inaccessible without climbing gear)…

with the onset of cooler weather, this was revealed…

the lighter patches on the front of wood are where the girls spent a lot of time washboarding

3 Likes

Some More Photies from my Garden

Uploading…

Oooooo I love the hover fly and the possum box is awesome

1 Like

I was wondering what that was - what is the smaller one on the Dandelion?

Nowhere near as good as some of the others but …
These were snapped this morning on the iPhone with a cheap clip-on macro lens while I was working in the greenhouse

9 Likes

stunning colours down to the dust of pollen on her back :honey_pot:

Dee I have Oriental poppies in the garden but Yet to see my Bees with Black Cobicula - But they may be hard to spot

WOW :heart_eyes: :bouquet:

Well thank you. There isn’t enough depth of field but quite good for a cheap lens :smiley:

1 Like

I think they look magical :mushroom::sparkles:

A photo I took today of one of my bees having a drink
Sorry for the poor quality as it was taken with my iPhone

6 Likes

Hi Gayle, would you mind me sharing your photo on our Flow™ Hive Face book page? Can you please let me know if you are also ok with me also sharing your name and location? Thanks, Leah (Flow Social Media)