Hi I'm Michang from Indonesia :)

Dark comb, small no. of bees, no brood, no pollen, no honey… alarm bells are going off… hopefully its an old frame in a new hive and I can stop worrying. Hate to see anyone’s bees go to god.

1 Like

Hi JeffH, thank you for your reply, also thank you for your suggestion too, I will consider it. .
I might used both ways to see the different outcome, and used them as my research materials.:smiley:

Still need many experience in beekeeping, especially with peoples with a lot of experience & knowledge about beekeeping.

Yes! I think Italian queen are easy to spot, so I never used any mark :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank youuu Valli . .
Yes it’s :slight_smile:
But sometimes I see many bees dead in front of the hives with their tongue sticking out :frowning:
Don’t know why, but I think people used pesticide in their farmlands, cause this situation mostly happen in the location near farmlands.
what do you think?

This is a new frame from other colony, I inserted into the hive because this queen (1 year old) & her colony is very productive also have plenty resources, after this I will put back this frame to the original colony . . that frame is belong to the colony with a new young queen, so I think it may boost up the new young colony :slight_smile:

Yes, the queen is just laying an egg in this new frames :blush:

Yes @Rodderick you can stop worrying, the bees are doing great jobs there :smile:

3 Likes

numpang tanya sama kk Michang ini kakak saya mau beli flow hive cuman kan posisi di sumatera utara medan
di indonesia sendiri sudah ada yang menggunakan flow hive blm ya.
soalnya kalau pesan dari flow takutnya ribet pengiriman nya…
mohon jalan nya kk untuk kakak saya yang baru ingin mencoba beternak lebah…

1 Like

Hi Venny, di Indonesia pengguna Flow masih sangat jarang karena flow masih dianggap barang baru di Indonesia, hal tersebut menyebabkan bea cukai mematok pajak impor yang tinggi untuk barang seeperti Flow sekitar 40-50% dari nilainya. Sebelumnya kalau boleh tahu, anda ingin memelihara lebah yang seperti apa ya? karena jenis lebah di Indonesia memang beragam, dan flow hanya di desain untuk salah satu jenis saja, yaitu Apis Mellifera (Western Honey Bees), dan bukan apis cerana.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

HI jg kk Michang. Dmn ya sekarang tinggal nya :slight_smile:
kalau boleh tau pin bbm atau kontak lainnya kk…
atau boleh add pin bbm saya ( 51696273 )
jadi bisa tanya"lebih dalam soal gmn memulai jadi bee keeper…
untuk flow memang ingin di pakai sendiri di rumah…
sedang cari"info juga tentang yang jual bibit lebah Apis Mellifera.
ingin nya sih buat sarang lebah ternak nya seperti yang di pakai di luar indonesia.
karena di indonesia sarang lebah hanya berupa sebuah kotak tampa bisa di buat bertingkat…

Di Tangerang, Banten
Untuk sarang lebahnya lebih ke perbedaan pendekatannya saja, apabila di tingkatkan satu kotak juga sudah mirip seperti di luar hehehehe
Kalau mau jadi beekeeper, ada baiknya banyak buku budidaya lebah spesies yang terkait dulu, sebelum mulai . . kalau bisa setidaknya seperempat sampai setengah tahun dlu, supaya tau apa yang akan dihadapi. Karena dibandingkan dengan di luar negeri, cara Indonesia menghadapi musuh lebah memang agak mengecewakan . .
Tidak banyak orang yang masih antusias ternak lebah setelah lebih dari 1 tahun :slight_smile:

Btw, saya agak jarang online ya, jadi maaf sebelumnya kalau lama balasnya
d32a0a65 :wink:
Thx

Michang how did you go about getting your bees Apis mellifera in Indonesia who did you go through in receiving this

To give answers for this questions, I think I have to tell some history about beekeeping from my country, Indonesia

In 1972, President Suharto went back to Indonesia from his trip to Australia, while bringing 25 colonies of Apis Mellifera with him. It was a gift from Australia to Indonesia especially from Australian Freedom from Hunger Campaign Committee President, Mrs G.N. Frost. This 25 colonies is the basic of Apis Mellifera beekeeping in Indonesia, after achieved it’s independence. He was very interesting in beekeeping industry, because he seen that agriculture in western countries (especially Australia) become so productive in term of Quality & Quantity, because of honey bees (Apis Mellifera).

Just like many beekeepers here love to said “do not take honey from a colony in its first year” He order his staff to put bees colonies to one of the Indonesia plantation, PTPN XVIII - PT Perkebunan Nasional XVIII (Government Owned Plantation XVIII) located in Central Java, Java Island. One year later, he visit the bees with his wife in 1973, together with his staff he harvest the honey from 25 colonies, try the first Apis Mellifera honey made from Indonesia nectar. Both of them were very exciting, moreover he order his staff to establish beekeeping organization in Indonesia (Apiary Pramuka, Perhutani, and PUSBAHNAS). The next major pollination operation is in Malang, East Java, in order to pollinate apples orchard. Sadly this orchard using chemical pesticides, and then many colonies were lost.

Also in 1992, the Indonesian Beekeeping Association known as Asosiasi Perlebahan Indonesia (or API) was born. In 2016, Indonesia have approx 40.000 Cultivated Hives (either Apis Cerana or Mellifera). Many beekeeper in Indonesia believes Apis Mellifera is generally superior than Apis Cerana, so there is some tendency beekeepers will said I keep mellifera bees, whatever they keep cerana or mellifera.

I receive my first colonies from Pramuka, although in some case I also buy from others province to maintain their genetic diversity, and other reasons.

Hope this answers your questions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Michang what hive are you using in Indonesia are you using langstroth or top bar hives and how are you coping with varroa mites there does the apis melliffera having much trouble are you treating them with chemical or not

Most beekeepers in Indonesia using Langstroth hive to keep Apis Mellifera. If they keep native bees (cerana or even stingless bees) they are using logs hive.

Yes, some said, there is major outbreak in 1997 that devastating nearly 60% of every A. mellifera colonies in Indonesia.

No I don’t treat them with chemical, although most beekeepers here still using Apistan (fluvalinate).

Michang where are you acquiring your langstroth hives in Indonesia is there a shop that can purchase these.
have you got a facebook account I can discuss with you more about beekeeping in Indonesia . I have a group in Indonesia that are wanting to start beekeeping and want toget all the hives and bees

So sorry for the late respond, I’m taking univ test in this week, start from monday :slight_smile:

DIY, by using some beekeeping e-book
I’m lucky that my parents have some wood machinery, so I can use that to make hives. Just need the hive design, every carpenter here in this country can do that, I think.
The problems here, it has been 44 years since the first Apis Mellifera from Australia came here, with very good bee hive, The Indonesian seems failed to adopt the whole concept in it’s design.

I will add your facebook account :slight_smile:

hi michang

my name is Agung, I’m also from Indonesia :stuck_out_tongue:

i want to discuss with you about how the beekeeping prospects here, maybe you can share some information and experience.

i’m very interested in beekeeping, but I’m still new, not even touch any bees yet.

you can add my facebook at agung242@yahoo.co.id

maybe we’ll be a partner in the future :smile:

cheers.

1 Like

Mas michang, boleh ga minta no wa nya? Sya pngen kali belajar sma mas michang utk mulai ternak lebah, mohon mas balasannya; trmkasih banyak

ad di balasa sama michael g? haha saya juga mau mulai ternak lebah… tapi mulai dr awal

Me toooo ^^
Saya juga. Mau start. Sudah satu tahun baca baca dan nonton youtube. ^
^
@jeansen_channata sudah sampai di mana keretanya?

Trims and swarm regards,
Anton

Venny_Chin_Agata…barangkali minat lebah trigona super jenis biroi…bisa kontak k No tlpon/WA…d 082293116569 untuk lebih jelasnya