I have been holding off for as long as possible and I figure if it has not worked I will not be able to do anything until spring anyway, I have just seen a few bees leaving via entrance , not many but still a few so fingers crossed
14 frames + 4 flow one end 13+3 flow other end. Sound reasoning for the difference- did not follow grandpa's advice of " measure twice cut once"
I did some math on max number of frames with one queen, I think I worked on 16 max, then I asked whether anybody had consulted bees on the number of eggs laid per day blah blah blah. So I settled on 13 and see how that worked out!,
Just some cosmetic work to go and I will load it up in the Australian spring.
PS you might be able to see in previous photos where I have elevated actual flow frames and not the complete hive to allow for honey running in bottom channel from rear to front