Making mead for a show

I will enter my mead in a show. It’s not Flow mead but in 2 years it will be. :sunflower::innocent::honeybee: Any tips on presentation / how to bottle appreciated. :flushed:

4 Likes

Go, Cowgirl, go!!! :blush:

1 Like

Let me know how you go. We have a hobby distillery on the farm in Victoria/Australia and make Scotch and Bourbon whisky using dextrose (simple sugar) and I have often contemplated the idea of making mead as my bees are starting to produce honey. I am interested in how you have done it etc. We use a standard 40% Alcoholic content and monitor temperature to our exacting requirements.

It is making me sad that @Cowgirl is gradually deleting many of her posts. What’s up, Cowgirl? :cry: :sweat: :disappointed_relieved: :worried:

2 Likes

Yeah a bit weird I’ve noticed it too, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, to be able to delete posts after such a time makes some threads pointless and unreadable, not good.
I’ve read many things I’ve posted in the past and cringed but wouldn’t think of deleting them cos I also get a bit of a chuckle out of them too. It shows how far I’ve come in the crazy mixed up world of bee keeping.
Oh and thanks @Cowgirl for getting me into brewing mead, nothing like making something and then having to wait years to try…

2 Likes

Privacy issues only nothing more. :cowboy_hat_face::horse::honeybee::hibiscus:

2 Likes

We are here when you’re ready to joint the conversation again. :slight_smile:

We Miss You.

1 Like