New to the Forum? Introduce yourself!

Hi I’m Seb from the UK I saw his start up and thought it was such an incredible idea I wanted to keep bee’s for years but was put off by all the costs I’m so looking forward to my full flow-arriving and being able to learn more about these incredible creatures and care for them

3 Likes

Hello to all from Nova Scotia! I first interacted with bees years ago in upstate New York where a friend kept hives and am so excited to finally have a home where I can welcome bees. Flow hive is so exciting a prospect, my kit comes in September. I’ll spend this year researching and will get bees in about a year from now! Looking forward to learning from you all.

3 Likes

Greetings from the UK.

No bees as of yet. I got the 6 frame with a box and will be building the rest of the hive myself once that gets delivered.

Keeping bees has been a life long goal for me so I am gathering equipment and knowledge as best I can. I am quite fortunate in that there is quite a large local club that also runs weekend training (both theory and practical) so I can have a bit of experience before I jump in. The SO and I are looking to buy a house soon and one of our conditions is a decent space for a hive or two.

2 Likes

Hi guys, Thomas here from Albany, Western Australia in the South West corner of the continent. Wanted to start a hive since we moved here onto our 4acres… Now flow hive will give me the long needed push, there are already 3 colleagues of mine who are successful apiarists, but I think it will be great to share with people from all over the world!

2 Likes

Greetings from Taipei!

I’m an American living abroad. My love for the honey bee started when was a young child working for a local beekeeper. Since that day I have been involved in as many honey bee activities as possible. Taiwan is a beautiful island with beautiful bees. But it is not immune to the trials and tribulations that plague the rest of the world. I am doing my best to work with local beekeepers to raise awareness and promote good practices.

The Flow hive could quite possibly be the innovation of the century. I’m looking forward to seeing how the little ladies take to the frames.

I’m extremely excited to see the Flow team organizing a space where the bee community can share information. I’m looking forward to learning and sharing with each and every one of you from around the globe.

2 Likes

Hi I’m Annette, I live on a french island in the South Pacific. I’ve had a bee hive for almost a year now and love it. my husband too has been stung by the bug and even asks when we’re going up to see the hive. I can’t keep them near my home because the local council are using a toxic chemical to keep mosquitos at bay (it dosn’t even work) and unfortunatly it is killing the bees. The chemical (malathion) has been banned in all the other DOM TOMs (french territories), but the local government has voted yet again to allow its continued use.
They have also banned the importation of bees wax, which is a good thing to protect our bees from external bee viruses, but it makes it difficult for one hivers, like me to set up supers and secondary hives.
I’m really pleased to join in this online bee community and can’t wait for my flow hive to arrive.

5 Likes

Hi there from Okaloosa County in NW Florida.

4 Likes

Very newBee, always interested and finally with thanks to MacArthur Beekeepers we installed first hive about 4 months ago.

Have now gone from 1 brood to 1 brood/2 supers with excluder and 1 brood/1super no excluder, and need to remove about 20/35kg of honey from the triple. Great for the community garden. Will be on look out for swarms come spring already have 10 locations of wild hives.

Flow hive due December.

Based in Southern Sydney.

4 Likes

Greetings. I live in the Buffalo, New York area. Started beekeeping last year. I just picked up 5 nucs yesterday and will be installing them today. While watching my new bees acclimate to their new surrounding, I was amazed at the amount of pollen they were bringing into the nucs, in such a short time after releasing them.

I ordered 2 - 7 Flow Frame Hives with the box.

I look forward to meeting and networking with like-minded people from all over the world.

Finially there is a forum where we can have meaningful dialog regarding the Flow Hive. I am tired of all the negative blogging, vlogging and flogging (forum logging) that has surfaced.

Cheers

Dave

8 Likes

Hi I am Mark and I live in beautiful Balgowlah Heights, right by Sydney Harbour. There is a huge area around us where there are massive numbers of wildflowers every Spring. I haven’t kept bees for at least 30 years but when I heard about the Flow Hive I had to get a couple. Can’t wait to get them, assemble them and go looking for a nice swarm to tame. Cedar and Stu your invention is simply amazing. Best Regards to all, Mark.

5 Likes

Hi. When I heard about the plight of our bees I began adding bee-friendly plants to my garden. Then I came across Flow and thought, “I could do that.” I know nothing about keeping healthy, happy bees and look forward to learning. I joined my local bee group and now this forum.

6 Likes

Hi folks,
My husband and I are complete Newby’s (new-bees :wink:) to this. We have started an garden with veges and fruit, we are keeping chooks and wanted to improve the bee population and also get some honey. We are all eyes and ears for now.

2 Likes

Hi David,
I am hoping to start a FlowHive up at our property near Inverloch. Maybe I could touch base with you at some stage (if you the time) - not far from the Island!
Regards, Peter

1 Like

We are Greg & Jenny from Dunsborough in Western Australia. We have 10 hives, 9 in Boyup Brook and 1 in the hills near the town of Dunsborough. Production this year of jarrah and marri honey has been plentiful, however in Dunsborough the blossom was not prolific. We ordered 6 frames and look forward to getting them in November. This forum is a great idea. The stories from all over the world will be wonderful to follow.

2 Likes

Hi I’m Rod from sunny Townsville in Far North Queensland, Australia, I’ve always been fascinated by bees and the important part they play in the food chain but never went as far as owning any and I still don’t. But the Flow Hive has given me the incentive, so i’ve joined the local bee club and bought the full Flow Hive setup, so looking forward to getting all the gear and watching the little creatures at work. :smile:

6 Likes

Howdy. I’m in Texas and don’t have bees… Yet. I hope to learn a lot from now until next year when I have my flow frames and get started.

4 Likes

Hi from Vermont! I have not been around bees since high school when I won a hive of bees after winning a contest to create a logo for the Maine State Beekeepers! My dad took over the hive and I went away to college. That was 30 years ago and I am now getting ready to have a farm again and the bees will be my first “livestock” on the farm. While I await the frames, I am starting to educate myself on keeping bees. I am kinda glad my boxes will not arrive until December!

7 Likes

Hi, All I will be completely new to beekeeping! My husband and I live in Virginia (note: all of these endeavors are mine, not my husband’s by any means :blush:) I’m a stay-at-home momma right now. I’ve been doing some research on it and about to start attending my local community beekeeping association meetings once a month and hoping to gain some experience before the hive comes! I am more than excited to have my own bees (in fact I was dreaming about having them - in my house?! - last night HAHA strange). I started gardening last year and am growing an even bigger one this year and will continue this trend. I live on a small piece of land right now (very small) but we plan to move to the country (hoping woods) in the next couple years. I recently bought 3 chicks to begin harvesting my own eggs :slight_smile: and look forward to getting three more soon…We have a roughty dog - GSP - who will need some extensive training, but I’m sure the bees will set her STRAIGHT! lol

5 Likes

I’m Rohan from Canberra. I haven’t started beekeeping yet, but looking forward to getting my new Flow hive.

To the Flow team - well done on an awesome creation! Can’t wait to learn more.

2 Likes

Hi all,
my name is Peter, I’m from Melbourne, but am planning on bees at our “retirement block” near Inverloch, SE of Melbourne, on the coast (for those of you who don’t know the geography of Australia!).
We have bought a full Flow Hive and are keenly anticipating it’s arrioval in December. My wife Cait and I have joined Permaculture Victoria, who have a Bee chapter; I’m doing a 2 day intro to Bee-keeping workshop in a couple of weeks. I anticipate a level of resistance about the Flow hives; their blog seems to some doubt about the concept. (I am taking this as being natural resistance to change - let’s see!)
Looking forward to joining this exciting new community!
Regards, Peter (and Cait)

2 Likes