Power for Oxalic Acid Vaporizers

I know some use batteries and some use car jump-starters. These are questions for those that use the jump-starters.

1. Which model/brand do you use?
  2. Pros or cons of what you have?
  3. Anything else you would like to add.

Thanks!

Chris

No cons at all
Fits in my pocket and easily does 8 hives for 3/4 minutes
Charge it after every use.
Quick check and sometimes need a half hour on charge before I go out if I haven’t used it for while

I’ve used it to start the Camper a couple of times too :wink:

1 Like

Where in the world are you? If in the US, this is the one I have - very nice little machine, works well. :blush:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPCB2FW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: I forgot to mention that this jump starter comes with a great little case to keep everything together, tidy and dust-free. Really nice product.

1 Like

I live in the US, but thought this would be a helpful topic to all - thanks for the input !

Thanks for the input !

I think you are right, but if I link a product that isn’t available in Australia, and that is where you are, I might need to rattle some other cages to get someone to help you. :smile:

1 Like

I’ve been watching the jump starter recently, thanks to the tips above.If I buy or have a jump starter, i will do a review of it.

All - to “close the loop” - I bought this one: https://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-portable-power-pack-with-jump-starter-62306.html.

Harbor Freight almost always has a 20% off coupon you can find as well.

Haven’t used it to actually treat yet, but did a test run and it worked well for vaporizing the OA. It’s a little heavy, but I’m good with that for the price it cost.

1 Like

Thanks, Brudda, I got a Centech 3 in one to use with my Scott Bee Farms V 17.03 Vaporizer. I did a test using 1/2 Teaspoon of Oxalic Acid and it ONLY took about 1 minute 30 seconds to completely Sublimate and go dry…which is a LOT faster than I was expecting. I love the Power Pack…a Bit heavy but sooo much better than lugging a deep cycle battery from my boat and taking it out and putting back in the boat after each use. This is dedicated and is Great. YES, I got 20% discount. Thanks for Posting the Link.

2 Likes

Glad to help - and 20% off always nice!

I bought one at Sam’s club of similar makeup. Works like a champ! I even used it to jumpstart my son’s car.

1 Like

After seeing your post I just bought something similar… this one… https://www.amazon.ca/Upgraded-Starter-GOOLOO-18000mAh-Portable/dp/B06X9R8QSY … but nothing happens when i connect it to my tray… it’s fully charged but it doesn’t heat up the tray… they look similar… are you just plug and go, or have you modified it any way? just curious… thanks… definitely seems easier than lugging around a car battery… especially given my hives are on a roof top! Thanks in advance…

Mine is the same make, but a different model. With mine, you have to press the “Boost” button every 30 seconds. :blush:

It takes about 2.5 mins to vaporize 1 gram, and about 5.5 minutes for 2 grams. I did a run outside the hive first to get the timing, and to learn to keep pressing boost. :smile:

Thank’s dawn… I get it now…

Please let us know if yours works using the Boost button - it might help somebody else. :wink:

I’m going to return mine and find a different solution/booster. It’s new so I can return it for free. I don’t want to use it with the boost button. I’d rather turn it on and step away while the oxalic acid vaporizes than sit there and be pressing boost. I’ll post whatever I come up with.
Thanks

Has anyone tried this?

I haven’t, but it looks quite good. I use a portable jump starter, which probably weighs about 1 pound - a third of the weight of that battery. The only disadvantage is that I have to keep pushing the boost button on the jump starter every 30 seconds to keep the power flowing until the OA is vaporized. If I didn’t have my jump starter, I might try that battery. :wink:

Can anyone explain how to use the battery jumper box instead of a battery?
My battery is a marine battery & extremely heavy. I like the idea of my light weight jumper box but both the box & OAV wand are intended to be attached to a battery.

Hello @Darlene, welcome to the Flow forum!

That will depend on the jumper type that you have. Some of them won’t work with the wand, because they have a load detection system that makes them cut out. Mine does work. I just press the “Boost” button. However, that only lets current flow for 30 seconds, so I have to keep pressing it until the vaporizing is complete. I would suggest that you do a test run outside the hive to make sure it works first. :wink:

Failing that, you could buy a smaller 12V battery. Just be sure that it has sufficient amp-hour capacity to power your wand.