Useless Information... However Interesting

I was interested to read that they can make rubber out of Goldenrod plants. Apparently Henry Ford gave Thomas Edison a gift of a Model T Ford with tires made from the Goldenrod.

2 Likes

Thread or re-tread??? :smile: Plants, rubber, tires… Think about it. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Cowgirl & @Dawn_SD, this thread came from me watching a Michael Palmer video where he said his bees are working the Goldenrod. Curiosity got the better of me, so I googled it.

How about this…Bees sent into space on Challenger in the 80s built perfect comb in zero gravity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, amazing… I was discussing this very subject with my husband over the weekend. We were both laughing at the concept of bees swarming inside the international space station, and wondering how efficiently they could fly without gravity. :smile:

Little summary of a few experiments here:
https://upvoted.com/2016/01/27/this-is-what-happened-when-nasa-sent-bees-to-space/

1 Like

Check out this documentary, pretty interesting stuff.

4 Likes

We love you too, Jape. Knight’s move in thinking needs redefining when you are around. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wow, what an interesting documentary:) I love the idea of the wicker honey strainer. I wonder if the old bloke tried to tell the young bloke not to eat too much honey. Maybe in his wisdom he let him go to learn the hard way.

It sounded like he gave him a gentle suggestion that perhaps was not heeded lol

1 Like