UTAH FLOW keepers

Anyone in Utah? Feel free to join and share!

3 Likes

SLC here. New to Bee keeping. Are you an experienced Keeper?

Live in South Ogden. New to bee keeping. Looking to learn a lot in the next little while.

I am in Spanish Fork and I ordered the Full Flow Hive! This will be my first dive into the wonderful world of bees. I was looking at ordering my first regular hive when I saw this campaign and thought, now this looks like the way to go. I can’t wait. You Utah guys… if you have any guidance you can give a rookie let me know.

1 Like

Hello from Ogden! I’m new to beekeeping, and just looking to learn as much as I can for the meantime ( as I can’t make the commitment now/I live in an apartment). But I’ll definitely invest in our future bees when I can!

I am so excited for it to come. Any good material to read.

Where are you keeping yours bro.

Is everyone here in the December delivery time frame?

Yes I am! I am also upgrading to the premium hive and buying 10 more.

I live in North Ogden. I bought my first hive in April, a top bar Langstroth hive. I put it in Cache Valley on a farm where I was raised, and it’s been a real learning experience. I bought the full hive and plan to put it in Cache Valley as well. I just found Varroa mites in my hive, so I’m in the process getting them treated now. Deseret Hive Supply in Ogden puts on classes and host local beekeeper assn. meetings. I suggest you go there and get to know people.

Anyone from St. George? I bought a 6 frame and this will be my first experience in beekeeping. Really want to have a few mentors to insure my success.

I received the wooden parts for my Full Flow kit this week, and just finished up assembly. Does anyone mind if I chatter in here from time to time? I’m in Grand Junction, Colorado and I will be following that group as well… but my climate is more similar to Utah than what people generally think of as ‘Colorado’, and I’m hopeful I might pick up and share a few things that are working in this particular geography.

First time beekeeper in Farmington with two Flowhives! We are really excited to get our bees in April!

1 Like

Greetings Grand Junction, I’m in Montrose and hope to make the plunge this spring. The Flow intrigues me, but I may go conventional since there is a local expert who I hope to have as a mentor. I’d be interested in touching base with you and possibly supporting each other as we Beegin. Email is Rockchalk1214@gmail.com

did you get your hive yet? I’m in Springville and mine just showed up and I have no idea where to start. you?

Yeah I have my hive. It is at my parents in provo. Setting it up soon. I am excited!

but no supers yet? will one brood box maintain the supers?

Which bees are people buying in Utah? Italian? Carnelian? And what’s the reason behind your choice?

I would think that Carniolan or Russian would be most desirable in Utah. We go to Park City for 2 weeks each year, so I am familiar with the climate. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I put together my flow hive today!!! Have to get bees soon and I’m so excited!!!

Does everyone have their flow hive?