Aggressive Bees because of Aggressive Queen

Yeah, you get those Ray, in all walks of life. Sadly, they’re in beekeeping as well.

People have engaged me to help them find queens. One lady had 27 frames to check on because the queen ended up above the QX. She was not on any of the top 18 frames. Would you believe that I found her on the 9th frame in the bottom box.

Just for future reference Ray, anything you need to know about bees is in this forum. Even how to deal with & find queens in a cranky hive :slight_smile: If you can’t find it, just ask.

1 Like

Woooooo Ray !

Guess you won’t be needing his advice again. I’m a home repair tech near Seattle. We get rip-off artist once in awhile in our trade. They don’t last loonnnnng because “Word” get around but the cause a lot of grieve n pain for awhile but they will get their Just Reward !

I’m so glad I’ve only met the cream of the beekeeping crop of people… only a couple kind of bothered me in the last two season… I didn’t get personally hurt by them but I did let they know (because the tried to screw a fellow beekeeper) what I thot of them. At my age I let a lot of water roll off my back. But hurt my family or friend I can be ( not so good).

Sorry bro … I guess a lesson learned … from the exposure here with forum members you’ll not get so unjustly treated. Again … it’s a good thing I’m an ocean n continent away or I’d give them/him little call or visit … as well as peace of my old Mind !!!

I’m hoping all works out there for you… Heck ! I have done it free but I’m a softy … not sure I’d have helped either … with my crappy eye I look for tiny larva … I declare a National Holiday when I see one of my Ladies.

Cheers Ray,

Gerald

Darn ! If I was close enough I go thru mine n give yah a couple to boost your colony. I’m still tickled thinking about that creep !

3 Likes

Thanks Gerald,

When i phoned the original Apiarist that i bought the new Queen from, he
also was surprised that so much honey was taken, as that was the original
plan, that whoever helped me get the old Queen out and the new one in, with
his payment being the new nucs, … so at least others might know of
unfair dealings by this bloke.

The hive plus my Flow Hive are going OK, and we will at least get some
honey this season from the Flow Frames, so all OK.
thanks again Gerald.

Ray
Albury
Australia

1 Like

Ray, so glad all is working out … awesome ! We are nearly stating our winter here near the Cascade Mtn range east of Seattle … even had couple early snow day ( little unusual this early). Normally just cold n wet.

Cheers Bro,

Gerald
IMG_7603IMG_7693![IMG_7607|375x500](upload://7ylHVAI6dpx0dYtD4MOIbJLb3zS.JPG

If you have operunity … take a pix or two of your place. My wife’s very sick so I love to travel by seeing other people region n beeyard. Thankz bro n have a great day !!

Hi Gerald,

can’t find other photos just yet, but shows my original hive with only one
Super and my newer Flow Hive.
Starting to warm up here now, sorry about your wife.
My wife has just gone through 12 lots of chemo after bowel surgery, and i
am also having chemo for rectal tumour stage 4, plus metasticised to liver
so ongoing shit house chemo, but still alive and kicking.

Bottom of my Mason Jar set up.

me at a local market selling my statues that I used to make, slowed down
now, and haven’t been to a market for a long time now.

Just a few photos, but can’t find ones I want to.

regards

Ray Williams
756 Vine Street
Albury Australia

You can google earth maybe :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi Ray,
Your load is big as it is, stop worrying about this ‘person’ and enjoy the learnings.
Guess you won’t help to give him a good local reputation and you won’t recommend him to anybody. That’ll do.
If Jeff or Dawn or Dee or Rob or Gerald, even Dan or myself as beginners, would be near, your experience would have been different and you would bottle your lost honey as we speak. I think beekeepers are generally a good mob to be with, despite differences in opinion. That makes things just more lively and interesting.

As the story goes, we all think you have been taken advantage of, so don’t let it happen in future and talk over the deal before any action.
I’m just thinking how I would have reacted. I prob would have confiscated the key of his ute or something if I realized he was planning to steal my honey without my agreement.
Just sit back now, relax and look forward to your family’s future health. Honey has healing properties beyond of what we know.
Your honey has the healing properties of your place. Stolen honey ain’t work like that for those who swindled it. Well, that’s my thinking.

4 Likes

Hi Webclan,

Everything is OK, but he seemed a very nice sort of bloke until he
continued pulling the honey frames out and I thought what the … ?

I will send off some more photos later on, if my Mason Jars fill, hopefully
when Flow frames all full, although they still have to make supporting comb
in each jar.
Don’t know how long that will take them .

Thanks all for positive support.

1 Like

Hi Ray, I’m really sorry to read of the situation that you & your wife are in at the moment. You said that that bloke seemed a very nice sort of bloke. If he is that “nice bloke”, maybe he might surprise you with a knock on the door with all of the honey extracted for you, after seeing the situation that you & your wife are in.

If not, it would put him in the category with the lowest of the low.

2 Likes

Just need a bit of luck with our remaining bees now and the Flow Hive is
nearly full, so all positive Jeff.

1 Like

Well done Ray. That’s great news about the flow hive. I’m still in shock to think that that bloke would have taken advantage of a situation such as yours.
I have a short list of the 3 worst rogues that I have dealt with during my career, he would be up there with them, without a doubt.

Does the creep have a name Ray, we can do a boycott of him if we know his name and I am sure there is others in your area that would like to know who he is.
That was a despicable event to have happen to you. The ‘cost’ to you was really a rip-off.
Cheers

Thanks Peter for your concern mate.

I still have to inspect the frames to see if they are full again, before the colder weather hits us, and if not full, will try and contact him and tell him he was wrong in saying the frames would be full by Nov/Dec 2017.

There sure is a few aholes around, but had a good experience last Friday, showing a lot of good people as well, when trying to cut some firewood at a property and there was another half a dozen blokes there also getting wood.

Because my stamina is not as good as what it should be, and having a rest, 2 blokes offered to help that had filled their trailers, and ended up filling my whole trailer, without accepting any payment that I offered.

All I have to do now is split it at my own pace and will have half this winter’s wood ready to go.

thanks again.

2 Likes