Bees are too large for Flow Hive?

Flow hive has been on 1.5 days and I see a lot of bees wandering about but not getting into the flowhive cells.
They attempt to enter but the abdomen seems too large to go in.

I checked the side to make sure no back the front cells and they are good

Any comment?

They were investigating - they don’t need their abdomen in just as long as they can get head in - is the local nectar flow slowing?

.[quote=“Valli, post:2, topic:5207”]
they don’t need their abdomen in
[/quote]
That’s good, Thanks Valli
The Marri seems to have lost its shine so to speak. There are patchy new trees coming into blossom. However we have a few enormous E.botriodes just starting to flower and standing under a 30m tree the noise of the bees in the canopy is really noisy.
With about 150 to 200 trees within a radius of 500m they should take up where the Marri leave off

Edit: I measured the tree height and it is only 21 m high not 30m as I said above,

@busso,

Your’s flow frame cells seems to be misaligned. I guess that could be normal (I have not received my flow frames yet). I would have assumed they would be perfectly aligned. What are your thoughts?

I’d like to know if this is normal, because, if it is, I am bound to see the misalignment in my frames and post a forum question looking for answers.

Lorne

Hiya Busso, I propped a board off a hive with matchsticks to aid with ventilation and was blown away minutes later when bees started crawling through the gap.
Beautiful part of the world you live in there mate.

@ Lorne, that is the normal look of the Plastic Flow-frames. Don’t panic ! :blush:

Yes it is nice here. Where you?

Hiya Busso, if that really is your name. :wink:
I’m on the Darling Scarp here in the city, Kalamunda way. Used to go down to Busso regularly when I was younger, crowded and busy now, man the place has grown. Got a few friends down there still so perhaps I’ll pop in one day to have a go on that stump. :grinning:

Your welcome.
Only 12,000 odd when we moved here in 84. Going on 36,000 now.
With it has come things like , parking is a nightmare in holiday period, I once new most people walking down the street, now I only occasionally see somebody I know, violent crime up, burglary,up, home invasions up, pub brawls up, yes as Zorba said “the whole catastrophe” and we call it progress. I out Chapman Hill way on the Whicher Ranges which makes it a little nicer and try not to go to town too often. Am honorary Membership Officer for the local RSL so that gets me to town once a week… its a struggle to get me to town otherwise.LOL