Best way to manage these old flow frames?

JeffH - no harm done. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I thought a follow-up may be helpful for others who may read this in the future. Yesterday I cleaned the flow frames with the gurney. About 60-70% successful at removing the propolis. But not as much as I would have liked. These particular ones also appear a little brittle - one of the frames fell apart (after gurnyeing) - but I believe there was an internal crack or brittle component which was already coming away - the gurney did not cause this. So now I need to reassemble one. Not sure how successful that will be given part of it has broken away but will try.

Hi @Ashem0 - thanks for the update. Broken Flow Frame parts is certainly not normal and something that the Flow team would like to help you with. Please send information and photos to the customer support team if you have any trouble - info@honeyflow.com.

Thanks all for your contributions to this thread. We have been advised by a customer that caustic soda corroded their Flow Frames cables. While it is each beekeeper’s perogative to experiment with different methods, please be aware that our recommendation is to use only hot-ish water to clean your Flow Frames - please see this page of our FAQs for more information on cleaning your frames https://support.honeyflow.com/do-i-need-to-clean-the-flow-frames/

NOTE: In the case of a reportable disease, please follow the instructions of your local DPI (Department of Primary Industries)