Building the Boxs for a Hive

. This hive is laminated pine. Valli, if you use a quality exterior waterproof glue it’s never an issue !! Using wrong glue can be tragic ! My exterior siding on our house is made of exterior plywood n glues. After 50 years it’s still good ! Laminated woods are excellent n save $$$'s when done correct ! I’ve never had a bread board or cutting board come apart n we wash them all the time !! Laminated woods Kaye’s/glued in opposite grain direction help prevent warping as well !

If you can’t get proper glues full board always best.
Gerald.

laminated pine hive box. this is a closeup of pine hive body I made. I still need to nail but it’s glued n strong. this observation n Nuc box are laminated too.

Nice work - I can see you are good at that - Glad you have a good handle on the laminating

Rjberry,

Where I use wood biscuits I use the biscuit jointer. But on these hives there isn’t any pressure like on the outer handle/piece on my wife’s bread board. I used three biscuits to help strengthen the Purple Heart wood to the Oak n birch wood on this cutting board. . Example of biscuit joint n biscuit. :ok_hand:

Hey rberry, biscuit joiner will be good. If we tried to make joints manually, you understand how difficult it is. The biscuit joiner removes all these difficulties and allows us to produce professional joints, even if we do not have much carpentry experience.
There are various biscuit joiner which can do work smoothly, currently i am using Lamello Classic x 101600 It is most well built biscuit jointer, and Comes with ergonomically designed 780 watt motor.
But its bit pricey. So you can check other joiner from below blog:-

You will get complete guidance from this.
And let you also know factor to consider while purchasing it like:-
Motor power
Blade speed
Fence system