Cumberland City, Tennessee

@Martha is just outside Nashville (50 or so miles from you) and I think she just completed her first Flow hive season. :blush:

1 Like

Dawn, thank you very much. I’ve reached out to Martha.

2 Likes

I right in Nashville, 12th South area, using Flow. It really is about the bees. Have you all treated with Oxycilic yet?

1 Like

Considering you had an amazing first year in bee keeping I’m amazed some of the club didn’t come by and see your successful hives. LOL!

I’m just south of you in Williamson county. I just took my supers off Oct 20th and am getting ready to treat for varroa while the weather warms up during the day still.

No worries. We have a solid two person club. :smiley:

Bill Baskin
305-794-3074

1 Like

LOL! Indeed we do! We are working it!

Hey I am from Tennessee as well. In between Cookeville and crossville

I’m just south of Nashville a few miles. Nice to meet you Dan. :smiley:

1 Like

Just outside of knoxville here. Hello neighbors! V​:wave::grin:

1 Like

Hi Martha. I’m in Williamson County too, Liepers area, and just purchased two flow hives. I’m going to use two brood boxes and try to get my bees set for winter. How are you treating your hives for varroa? and when do you treat them?

2 Likes

I treat my bees before the flow super goes on the hive then in August when the derth is upon us. (derth means no flowering plants) then once again before putting the supers back on. The once again before I take them off to winterize the hives. It all depends upon what kind of fall we are having.

1 Like

Thanks Martha. This is very helpful. What kind of treatment do you use? Liquid, vaporization, ect…

1 Like

Nectar flow is heavy over here. :grimacing::partying_face:

I use oxcilic acid vapor. I bought some high falutin distribution system that delivers it easy and efficiently. But the wand will work too. If you need a wand I have a spare.

1 Like