Easy recipes/dishes made with honey

Coffee and honey. Very un-Italian, but I am a rebel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Coffee with honey is close to my limits in the kitchen, and it tastes great, every time!!! I can do mean toast to, if the toaster pops it up at the right time.:grinning: I tried frying eggs a few times, a bridge too far, how was I to know the bottom of the egg was burnt black…

3 Likes

Hi Peter, with a non-stick fry-pan, drizzle a little bit of good olive oil. Turn the heat to moderate, wait for the pan to heat up, then add the egg. After the egg-white goes slightly brown on the edges, turn the egg over, then turn the heat off & remove the pan from the stove. Let it finish cooking in the residue heat of the pan. I still get a nice runny yolk that way.

1 Like

I don’t like crispy egg whites on fried eggs. OK, I am odd, but you knew that. So I do this. With a good non-stick pan, drizzle a little good olive oil. Put it on a low heat, with a lid on the pan and wait for about 3 minutes. Add the egg to the pan, and put the lid back on, keeping the heat low. After 2 mins, sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top, replace the lid and leave for another minute or two until the white stops jiggling. Serve on toast with honey. :smile:

2 Likes

I was editing at the same time as you posted. I changed it to slightly brown. I should have said “cooked on the edges”. It’s basically when the egg-white forms a skin that wont break while you turn it.

Anyway we’ve given Peter some good ideas, there’s no excuses for any more fried eggs that are black on the bottom.

3 Likes

I’m thinking- if Peter hasn’t learned to fry an egg yet at his age… he may never learn?

Peter: it’s easy. No more excuses!

1 Like

My comments were a little bit tongue in cheek but my wife says the kitchen is hers and not ours. She was just a little peeved that I took up some of it doing my extracting in there this year :grinning:
But she is glad that the mess is at least on the tiled floor there. If I turn on the cook top she takes back command of the kitchen and any cooking to be done is her domain. She spent a couple of months with our grand daughter and great grand son, she took over the kitchen there too. Maybe it is a Scottish thing.
There is bee things in every room of the house which she has tolerated (bee boxes under the dining room table, bee frames being made and stored in the lounge room, and so it goes on). I am so blessed to have her as my wife. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Regards Jack

3 Likes

:slight_smile: you & me both Peter in relation to bee stuff in every room of the house. One lady that bought honey for the first time while Wilma was out thought I must be a bachelor. When I told her I wasn’t, she said “you’ve taken over the whole house”. It’s none of her business anyway.

I’m taking over the kitchen today because I’m baking bread (baguettes). I have a pile of sugar cane to crush. I’m doing that in the dining room this morning while the dough is slow proofing.

I’m pleased to hear that you can fry an egg :slight_smile: I like @Dawn_SD’s idea of having a fried egg with honey. cheers

2 Likes

Nothing could be better with honey
I didn’t appreciate it for a long time. But when I was on vacation in Andorra with my family. They had a pancake with linden honey from their own small brand “Le Souffle d’Adore”. From that day, each Monday that’s my rite. But using raw honey."