Entrance Gadgets

This hive has a number of gadgets on the entrance. Does anyone know what they are ?
Saw this on a hive at a coffee shop. Maybe it stops swarming or hive beetles?

Gauging from the curved sides of the yellow and blue pieces they probably turn to reduce the entrance?

Seems like an unnecessarily complex entrance reducer.

They are entrance closers. I think the blue one is closed. You can open one for a weak colony, or 2 or 3 for a strong colony.

Google was my friend, looks like it is a hive doctor base 10/8 Frames Hive Doctor Smart Mesh Bottom Board with Triple Entrance Disk | Beekeeping Gear

Here is a video from the designer explaining it Hive Doctor Smart Bottom Board - YouTube

1 Like

Mystery Solved !, Thank you