Experience Bee Keeper will not sell me a NUC with the Flow Hive

Hi @Faroe, Flow recently sent me a survey, and I told them that you are one of the most valuable assets they have. This post of yours proves my point exactly. Thank you for being there, for caring and for doing what you do. :heart_eyes: You show that Flow really does care about people who are interested in its products. You put a lot of time into helping people who are having a variety of problems, some equipment-related, but many not. I hope that Flow takes good care of you, I would like to see you around on this forum for many years to come.

OK, you can go and :blush: now! :smile:

4 Likes

Hi Jack, I would be more inclined to move the donor hive one foot at a time each day rather than lock them up. As @Dawn_SD said, they are bearding for a reason. The smoke will drive them in, but if you drive them in, move the hive 5 feet & then open it up straightaway, the field bees plus all the bees that have done their orientation flights will go back to the old site the next morning & possibly get accepted by the other hives, if they are next to where the donor hive originally sat. That will leave the donor hive low on numbers. A five foot move is fine if that is the only hive in the yard. That is why itā€™s best to move it one foot at a time each day, preferably in reverse.

3 Likes

Thanks Dawn :slight_smile: I really appreciate that :kissing_heart:
We have been so busy with spring launches etc, that most of those surveys havenā€™t been seen yet :blush:
I hope we get to them soon, as we do need to respond to customers who may have had product issues etc.
And I hope someone sees the one from you and lets upper management know about it :wink:
LOL
:bee:

3 Likes

where abouts in the puget sounds are you? iā€™m in gig harbor

Matt,

Iā€™m over 3.2 ms east of Renton. I grew up over here between Renton n Issaquah.

Gerald

1 Like

I am thinking about taking a frame of honey out of the super and take it to beekeepers meeting to demonstrate extractionā€¦has anyone done this? Suggestions?

Here is a bench test :slight_smile:
https://www.honeyflow.com/gallery-videos/videos/p/60#ryWC92NT2Eo

I think itā€™s harder to harvest because the Flow Frame is not supported on each side.

I remember someone posting on the forum about itā€¦

I saw Cedar on Youtubeā€¦he had it sort of nested in what looked like white cardboardā€¦someone could just hold itā€¦hope someone has done it and can give tipsā€¦

1 Like

Maybe you could try some sort of table clamps to hold the frame on each end to the table?
Or, someone holds it as you say, and you open the frame in increments, so itā€™s more easier, and the frame doesnā€™t move so much.

2 Likes

Make sure you have a drip tray under it - some honey will leak down the outside of the frame, as @AngoraAngy showed in her video last year. :wink:

1 Like