Flow Hive 2 - COMING SOON!

Steinbeck is depressing! After “Grapes of Wrath” I didn’t seek further novels. But it was a good book. :+1::grinning:

1 Like

more like- Grapes of Wrath is depressing. But that’s the Dustbowl and the Depression for you… Tortilla Flat is the antidote- READ IT! I guarantee you will laugh out loud. Even if it does glorify alcoholism…

1 Like

I spoke with Flow Hive about my delema and shipments won’t come until sometime in May and I’ve got a second hive coming so rather than buying a temporary house for my bees I kept my shipment and might get a discount on a stand. :grinning: So, when I’m ready for a third hive I can get the new one. The stand will be great as it is adapted to standard items sold in the US such as an entrances reducer. When we have a dearth we can top bucket feed by leveling the hive. Lots of cool features in the stand. I’m excited for bee season! It’s still iffy weather and I hope my bees make the 20 degree night we are going to have. The Flow team is very satisfaction oriented and was very nice to me and was willing to accept a return so I could buy one. The logistics of it for us both would have cost us both via shipping! Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

I’m always looking for a good book.

Flow facebook has a good video yesterday showing Flow hive 2 live honey harvest, if anyone is interested. . Includes answers to some of the questions about the changes to the hive etc. and shows some spillage, which was a first for Cedar I think.

“and shows some spillage, which was a first for Cedar I think”.

If spillage was a first for Cedar, that would show that what I said last year was correct about flow frames being more suited to Byron Bay area than the Sunshine Coast area.

Edit: After watching the video, I realize that the honey spilled out of a jar & not the more serious issue of flooding. His cane toad story is a ripper.

Hi Jeff, I think it was more that he got distracted with going to another hive (and the questions coming in at the same time) and also it was a warm day he said - you can see the honey was coming into the jar really quickly.

Hi Dan, the edit of my comment coincided with your reply. When you said spillage, I immediately thought you were talking about flooding. I’m glad we watched the video.

After his cane toad story, Wilma said “how often does he check his hive”. That’s a good story, the cane toad couldn’t even go outside to go to the toilet.

I have a cane toad story of my own. The cane toad suffered a death by hundreds of stings.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, they got him good and proper!

1 Like