Flow super extractor

Hi Dawn, the beast is an ultra light version of a fiessler storch. Needs a sixpence to get up and about the same to land. Speeds through the air at 65 kts… its the journey! Not the destination.
Not aerobatic! Its trick is landing short… and flying sloooooow

With the extra hose… it is an extra input, but could be used to fill bottles, well, actually, three lots of bottles with a tap to stop it. What I do is when I have finished I plug the hive end hoses into each other using the flow outlet tubes and a short piece of plastic hose, simply unscrew the tap fitting from my bucket, screw caps on bucket and 4 way tap outlet, and I can leave everything secured in my truck/ute/pickup (pick one depending on country of origin) or shed with no access for ants, wasps, other bees.

I will send a photo, conveniently draped over the Storch (to drain honey out) for Dawn.

There’s some really nice ideas coming in about other uses for the extractor I hadn’t thought of! Breather pipe, yes, secondary filler, yes, spare outlet hose hooked up intravenously for a honey fix, yes

Thanks all.

cheers
Geoff.

1 Like

Here are some more pics. I have added the comb extractor buckets as well. They have worked very well. Even with the flow hives I have had to extract from standard frames for various reasons, and this is such a cheap way of doing it. The tricky part is cutting out the hole in the lids correctly so they stack into each other with an ant tight seal, but its not that tricky! The racks inside stop the wax blocking up the drill holes

!
!
20171228_144157_resized|281x500!

2 Likes

Didn’t understand the lingo of inputs and outputs without a full picture, that’s why I asked. Maybe I’m a bit tired :exploding_head:

Yes it was a bit different. I think if the OP had included a X flow fuel tap from an aircraft DD would have understood it all straight away.

I once upon a time (thats how long back) I used an aircraft fuel tap on a washing machine to redirect waste and reuse water, in the days when water was so scarce it went back in for the next load. $1000 tap to do a $5 job, but hey if didn’t use it would still be unused.

1 Like

I think that should be an x flow. Otherwise… top hole!

1 Like