Italian Flow Hive beekeepers / Apicoltori italiani di flow hive

hi
there is in italy person that will working with this type of bee house? i live in roma

I own a 8 frame full Flow hive, and recently discovered that either brood box and super are not compatible with size and shape of the most ( only…)used hives in Italy, i.e. Dadant Blat. Looking for suggestions, I do not want give up with beekeeping for that reason!

Ho purtroppo scoperto che sia forma che dimensioni dell’arnia ricevuta sono molto diverse da quelle usate in Italia, il che crea problemi nel trasferimento delle api. E’ successo anche a te?

They are standard Langstroth boxes, which is fairly commonly available equipment. Are you opposed to using a different style hive for the Flow? I am not familiar with the dimensions of the box you are talking about but you can alter the flow frame to fit narrower boxes like National boxes in the UK. You might be able to modify the frames to fit your existing boxes as long as the box is deep enough that is the one dimension that can not be changed.

Maybe the problem is with getting a nucleus to fit? In that case, some creative woodworking may be needed to adapt the Dadant frames to the hive.

Ciao
Ancora non la ho povato

I made “creative woodworking” adding some 10 cm in depht to the brood case in order to accept the DB frames coming with the bees.

Could you share some pictures of you modification?
We were starting to use flow hive but we discover also the problem of compatibility, and of course beekeeper in italy are not openminded at all regarding flow hive:rage:. Nobody wanna help to solve this problem :cry:

Potresti condividere qualche immagine della modifica? vorremmo cominciare ad usare flowhive, ma non è compatibile con le colonie classiche che si trovano qui. Gli apicoltori qui attorno a me sono assolutamente non aperti alla novità e la osteggiano in maniera preconcettuale. Tutti la criticano e sono espertissimi ma assolutamente nessuno l’ha vista di persona o provata. Io credo nella sperimentazione e nell’innovazione invece.

Salve tutti, Sono di nuovo per fare apicoltora. Ci sono altri in Italia?
Grazie
John

Salve Andrea,
Hai comprato un Honeyflow? Ho preso due.
Grazie
John

Ciao John
Io ho preso una arnia e 6 celle ma non le ho ancora usate.

Purtroppo non ho un terreno per fare apicoltura e avevo trovato persone che hanno i campi da coltivare biologicamente ma erano troppo lontani per fare una cosa in comune

Grazie, e mi dispiace per lei. La prossima…

Hi I’m Luca,

I’m waiting for my first flow hive to be delivered in some days.
I’m totally new to beekeeping so I really need to read and learn a lot from this forum.
I live in a wonderful area near Garda Lake (Northern Italy) so I really hope my bees will grow healthy.
Spring is approaching so it’s time for me to start studying!

Cheers!

Ciao sono Luca,

Ho da poco ordinato il mio primo flow hive e non vedo l’ora di riceverlo.
Sono un principiante, non mi sono mai occupato di api prima d’ora quindi sono alla ricerca di preziose informazioni che mi permettano di avviare il tutto nel migliore dei modi.
Fino ad oggi mi sono affidato a vari forum e video online ma credo che a breve contatterò qualche esperto della mia zona per avere un aiuto “sul campo”. Vivo nei pressi del Lago di Garda.
Spero di condividere l’esperienza anche con voi.

A presto!

1 Like

Hi Luca, welcome to the Flow forum. You are not the only Flow hive beekeeper in Italy! :blush: Flow has a customer service rep @Faroe down in Sicily who is learning about beekeeping. There is at least one other person that I remember in Italy too, but I think he is a little south of you.

You can search the forum using the magnifying glass and just type in Italy - lots of hits there. :smile:

In any case, the community here can help you with general advice, and hopefully you can find a local beekeeper who can help you with location-specific advice. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Dawn,

Many thanks for your reply.
I’m at the very beginning so I guess everything within this website will be helpfull for me :wink:
Have a good day!

1 Like

Hi Luca, welcome mate.

Hi Bruce, nice to meet you :wink:

1 Like

Hi folks,

Flow Hive assembled!!
Saturday I will paint it :wink:

6 Likes

Il manuale Flow Hive / Frame è ora disponibile in italiano :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ciao! I’ve just set my new flow hive and I’m in Brescia!
Ho appena installato la mia nuova Flow Hive e mi trovo a Brescia!