Now officially a BeeKeeper! :D

OK put the syrup into Sapphire to pull comb and when it’s done it’s done.

Water in frame to keep the girls cool outside the Emerald Box

1 Like

Oooooh Naughty! What make of poly did you get? I am researching them ATM. You do know that you can never have enough Bee Stuff…your Xmas and Birthday presents are sorted for years!

1 Like

@Horsehillhoney I got Wynne Jones Poly - thanks for the tip

Count so far:
1 Full Langstroth - Wood 1 brood, 2 supers - integral roof feeder ordered
1 Full Langstroth - Poly 1 brood, 2 supers - integral roof feeder ordered
1 Full Langstroth - Flow 1 brood, 1 deep super - Frame feeder available
1 Langstroth - Flow 1 deep super
1 Poly Langstroth - Nuc
1 Poly National - Nuc - feeder insitu
70 Assorted Frames

So I will have 3 hives and 2 Nucs (3 if I divide the Langstroth)

OK. A bit tidier. and numbers on the hive so far

Taken from my bedroom window - I can keep and eye on my girls.

The OH wants to clear the vegie patch which is a jungle presently and hiding my green house that can become my bee shed - there is another 30 feet of garden behind the wisteria/trellis

4 Likes

Looking very posh! And very co ordinated.

I want some bits making, Hubby said he might do them for me - I’ll slowly win him over. Wont even talk to me about the bees presently but when I said I’d get our building friend to make some stuff he said he could do them.

I need to have 3 - 4 hive entrances, 2 Hive landing boards and a couple of shims made - I’m not an owner of the BofE so need to wind down the spending

2 Likes

OK I was watching the girls some are brining in yellow, orange and cream pollen. Not all about 1:10

1 Like

Not sure if your in the States or not but if you are most of the larger feed supply stores are carrying beekeeping supplies. When I need something there is Murdochs which is also Big R or Shipton’s, then there is Bomgaar’s and maybe Tractor Supply, but I haven’t been to TSC yet to check. Hive reducers are about 3 to 5 dollars by Harvest Lane, but if you have a handy saw you could make them out of scrap wood, afterall they don’t need to be on hive but for a short while so your bees can get used to their new home.

@tony I’m in the UK,

Yes I see that. Didn’t figure that till after I posted, but there should be some place that sell bee supplies isn’t there without you having to pay for shipping all the time. You could make an entrance reducer in about 10 minutes if you have a saw and a drill.

I don’t have the skills or tools - Hubby is going to have a go

Just looked at my Bees today - Not been in for a week. Lot of Nectar and Pollen going on, Brood numbers are slowing right down. Lots of comb being pulled out in both hives. Most of my Starter Strips are pulled out almost to the bottom. They have been working hard.

Camera suffered an accident, lens retraction mechanism got caught up and pulled out. Trying to sort out a new one without costing a fortune.

OK I have been doing some “building” and sorting. Go covers for all my hives now, but the new ones were not clear as I had hoped. Still they serve a purpose.

All my nectar/honey this year will be going into making this new comb. At least I can start straight away in the spring.

2 Likes

Well done, sounds like they’re going great.

My Elder tree is coming into flower I noticed and the Raspberry and Blackberry pollen is coming in as well - all within 10-20 feet of my Beautiful Buzzers