Should I have a brood & a super to begin with? Or let my colony fill the brood first?

We’re are about N 42 dgs latitude here near Seattle… The U.S. N Canadan border is about N 44.40 dgs about 150 ms north of us. Our winters are very damp but rather mild with the Milder Japanese current off our shores. We can get chilly n snowy periods in December n January but these usually don’t last long. The incoming wet jet steams directs damp condition to our Cascade Mtn range 20 to 30 ms east of us for some deep snowpacks ! But as last years mild n dry weather change we barely got any for record drought n high temps. This winter was more near record n normal snows. Our issues here is not normally COLD temps or DROUGTS but condensation that can easily build up in the inner crown board n rain back down on the colony. Vebtalation n moisture control is absolute here in the Pacific NW.
Dry bees are healthy bees here,
Gerald.

Jape,

Thank you for your input n observations. Your region must get much colder than out open west Pacific Coast. Great thoughts n insights.

Have a great weekend sir !
Gerald.

This is awesome! I grew up in Mt Vernon. I know exactly where you are and what you are saying about the weather. I do miss my old stomping grounds, but my life path had landed my adult hood in Southern California Desert. Quite a change I must say!

Hey Bob !

The tulips are in full bloom here. Not going to find time to drive up there this year. Have a great weekend, Gerald

. I was driving to Enumclaw to work n move hives … Mtn Rainier was awesome before dAwn.

Getting several hives ready to transport to local orchard … Not my bees.

. . I was helping a friend move his hives.