Tales from the beehouse in the far north of canada

I see a matrix of about 16 more that I can play. Not many of them look relevant to your video, which I loved. :blush:

Guess I’ll just have to live with it…glad you enjoyed the video.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the video Doug, it is interesting and an education about bee keeping in your climate. :grinning:

I liked your spray-in frame filler and it is cool.

My pleasure Peter, the method of running honey bee colonies in insulated buildings year round is not common in Canada…although if climate change continues to manifest itself in the same manner as the last 2 to 3 years, then the concept “may have legs”.

Specifically this year, some of the commercial guys around me said that the bees were consuming most everything they brought in. Imagine bees on the verge of starvation yet surrounded by a sea of flowers…the whole picture would have changed if the temperature would have risen 5 degrees C. And everytime the temperature did warm up, the rain started and washed out the nectar from the flowers…a no win situation.

Thanks DacuuuCankle…we used it years ago on a large scale with package bees…as a spring stimulation technique. The filled frames were always placed in a brood box under the brood box that the queen was laying in.