A question for the brains trust - a bit urgent

I am just about to set up some swarm traps. From reading- I learned the scout bees sometimes sleep overnight in a location they are considering - over a few days the number of bees visiting will increase - before the full swarm is convinced it’s the best place by the returning scouts. So perhaps it’s not over for you? The scouts may be back- perhaps they were spooked when you moved the box.

I so hope I can catch swarms this year.

1 Like

You make a good point Semaphore, maybe moving the box did mess with their plans. I really didn’t want them moving into my enclosed clothesline area though. There was a bit of interest in the box today, but not a lot really. Here it is:

1 Like

Do you currently have many drones @sciencemaster?

Some drones yes and some capped drone cells too. I did check my strong hive yesterday and almost all of the capped worker brood had hatched. I noticed one chewed out queen cell so I’m hoping there is a virgin queen in there somewhere. Loads and loads of bees, plenty of honey and pollen so I’m not too worried.

1 Like

Many tHanks Sciencemaster for taking the time to reply in such detail.
Best of luck with your new hives.

No worries Behappy. I’ve opened another thread about raising queens if you’re interested.

1 Like