I was/am planning on staying with one brood box (as the local apiary does) but am wondering if it is a good idea to add a second brood box after having a flowsuper already installed?
The super has been on for about 4 days and the bees are crazily working it. I seem to have a huge population of bees and am asking this question as a backup plan if things happen to go south and I need to make this decision
Will the bees work both if the population and nectar flow lets them?
It seems pretty early in the honey flow and I think I will be able to harvest in a few weeks. does this mean I can add a brood box after they fill the flowsuper or will it be too late?