UPDATE. We did another inspection of the flow frames and my OH did manage to get the frames out without too much flexing or cracking the comb, using two tools and going slowly slowly.
It was good we looked at the frames we thought we might take were not full in the middle. And frames we thought might not be full from the end view were actually completed capped.
So we took just one frame and the bees are steadily working on filling it again.
With a broken elbow I can’t get into my suit and pitch in, but evidently under the frames themselves the bees have put in a lot of hiney.
Keen to try to get get into my suit this week during our expected winter heat wave in Qld and assist with a brood inspection.