My wife and I bought our flow hive a few months ago and installed a four frame Nuc from our local apiary. We checked on it and right before we left for a trip 7/8 frames were well established so we added the flow super (too early). Now a month later ( I know a bit late) I opened the hive back up and there is no activity in the super what so ever. The queen extractor had a large amount of propolis between the slots, also the top of the frames had several cups of burr comb attached. The actual frames had burr comb attaching them and we attached. I was going to separate them but have no experience on this and need to buy a frame puller as I’m still nervous to handle bees’ with just gloves. I’ve included a photo of the hive. Photo is after burr comb was removed but you can see where it was.
Side note: I did do quite a bit of research ( read: "The Beekeeper’s Handbook and “Homegrown Honey bees”) before purchasing the hive I would add so people don’t get mad.