Battery charger - suitable for fitting wax foundation?

I actually use the same method as Jape, and just let gravity pull the sheet down onto the wax when the wire is heated up. I used to have an embedder like Jeff’s but left it with my hives when I moved. It takes some accurate timing so the sheet doesn’t melt through if you haven’t got a waxing board. Some gentle pressing at times (when the cables are diconnected and the wire is still hot) help get uniformity. After a couple of attempts it’s pretty straightforward.

I’m not encouraging anyone to use a battery charger… but that’s what I use (have had chargers in the past that fail to work)

That’s probably the worst one out of a batch I did today… not sure why I decided to photograph that one! :smile:

While i’m giving away secrets, an unused rivet is perfect for inserting brass eyelets before wiring the frame!

3 Likes

The charge for us is a power inverter from Bestek. I have learned how to use 400w power inverter to charge laptop, camera and phone when camping outside. This tool is easy for me to handle. Simply connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. Also, it is much convenient for us to take away. Maybe you can catch more information on Bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you.