Bee attack ! that hurt

Yep, now I re-read the post, I can see I walked right into that one. I’m clueless sometimes. Didn’t realise it was my anniversary even. But this two years with bees has been a pretty wild ride. Thanks Eva for reminding me!

2 Likes

Just thought I would share this with you.
Forget the pythons, spiders in your undies draw, you are more likely to die if you have a cow or horse in your undies draw.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

I see Crocodiles on your list (of course - Crocodile Dundee!), but in Africa, and perhaps further afield, more people die from Hippopotamus attacks. They are the deadliest animals in Africa, or they were when I worked in a hospital there 30 years ago. :blush:

Of course, the deadliest animal on the planet is us… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Thanks my friend, that gave me a good laff picturing someone opening their undies draw and out popping a cow :cow::astonished:!!!

1 Like

Animal transport?
Dogs?
Mammals?
And people want shark nets, I dunno sometimes, I just dunno.

2 Likes

Non venomous insect stings take down more peeps than venomous spiders!
Inconceivable.
:flushed:

1 Like

Yeah, how does that even work??

I think mosquito stings, or bites, from mozzies carrying things like Dengy and Ross River Fever would fall into those figures and maybe the odd Malaria victim. They are only in the tropical and subtropical North in Australia so Skeggley would not have been in contact with it. Who would think a mozzie sting can kill a human, but it happens…
Cheers

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming: Right. Not even thinking - here our skeeters (mozzies :wink:) can transmit West Nile virus and Zika virus, and some ticks of course carry Lyme Disease…Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever…Dr. Dawn will know the full list :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Oh :slight_smile: The joy of keeping bees :slight_smile: we are in our third year of bee keeping , ive had three stings all have been away from hive, one on a hot day rolling up wife’s swag in my underpant’s got me fair on the right cheek :slight_smile:
My Eldest daughter decided while we were inspecting the hive to lift her veil …one bee stung her on the ear and three others chased her into the house and into her bedroom and then hung around the light !! i had to get the bees out of her room laughing …she didn’t think it was funny at all , and finally wifey has curly long red hair three times now i have had to get bees that have become tangled in her hair out :slight_smile: while we have been tidying up the garden . …even through all these and we have had some more …we just love our bees :slight_smile: and wish we had started sooner .

Mark Kate and kids

4 Likes

The lesson here is to keep your Wife’s swag out your underpants.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Me thinks there is a lot more behind this story,:thinking: maybe its the Eve coming out in me.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I know DD would not have any dubious thoughts.:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I might have got it wrong but my take on it is that Mark was butt naked while rolling up Kate swag to put it in his underpants and a bee took a dislike to his butt in the sun. :grin: Now we have to wait on Eve !!!
Cheers:grinning:

2 Likes

Well, I never! Here I am, a humble US citizen, just doing my best to understand your esoteric Aussie chatter and keep up with these lofty beekeeping discussions and share what wisdom I can about carpet pythons, and out of nowhere, a schoolyard jab and you say Eva made me do it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Are you calling Mark fat??

5 Likes

Love it :joy::joy:

Not at all. Just don’t put your Wife’s swag in your undies or you will get stung.:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Guys guys :slight_smile: swag to big its a queen !! lol

4 Likes

Glad you are okay Mark. Wilfred can be tricky but thankfully he isn’t usually mean :upside_down_face::wink: …I do think his advice on the forum is solid, especially about not putting your wife’s swag in your undies :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, Eva, sometimes what you say goes clear over my head and sometimes I just look at the monitor screen and blush but mostly I get a good laugh and that’s good for the health so thank you for being you.
Cheers

2 Likes

It’s called “INFECTION”, folks die from the infection caused by their scratching the bite, which then get’s infected. Believe me, Australia has some serious minute bugs that are far more dangerous than anything you can see with your eyes. Always, always, clean and cover an open wound with a good quality anti bacterial ointment. Can’t express that enough.

1 Like