Beekeeping in wet areas, and long daylight

Dawn,

Currently we have an abundance of natural flowers in bloom … weather has/is turning mild, plenty of moisture to length blooming if the showers don’t knock off the buds n blooms. Hard to totally read the future but this year looks great so far up here.

Tot a lou,

Jerry

2 Likes

Now that you have @Gerald_Nickel’s local expertise, I would say leave them for a week or two with no syrup or pollen patties, and see what they do. They should have plenty of foragers by now, with more nurse bees on the way. Great start you have there. :blush:

1 Like

Dawn:

Mine are totally bored n disinterested with both syrup n Pattie. Took the last ‘ “still Full top-feeder” this afternoon … just too much great candy n sweets in the field, woods n neighborhood this Spring.

Cheers,
jerty

1 Like

Dawn,

Dang ! You can sneak out from behind that cough … You don’t need a Charlie Horse crouch behind that small area there.

I really enjoyed the vid (dubbed or not
) … simple but good one Dawn ! I’ve got a couple of Queenless splits … I’m going to pop in another frame of brood soon. Any advise ?

Got a very Nasty hive of girls too ! Guessing I’m going to knock-off the old Queen first, leave her out on the front porch a awhile then sneak her new magesty (Queen Bee). The greatest challenge of this project is just finding her ! Going to see if my mentor can help … he’s much younger n has great peepers !

Enough for now,

Jerry

1 Like

Sounds like you have good ideas, Jerry @Gerald_Nickel. Help from your mentor in a queen hunt is a great idea too. I find that the more I need to find a queen, the harder it gets to actually find her. :blush:

2 Likes