Can I Count Humans as Pests? I want to cry... šŸ˜¢

I think you did a good job in the time given, which is never enough, to get the message across and a plus was in giving alternatives. Well doneā€¦
@busso good point Wilfred, herbicides are probably as harmful to a colony as an insecticide,
Cheers

2 Likes

Absolutely, but if the queen isnā€™t laying (plenty of pollen and honey), there isnā€™t much point. They are on the way out. :cry:

Hive mis-management by the beekeeper. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

well we know that is utter garbage. :blush:

3 Likes

So the jerk wants to accuse you of poisoning your own hive ā€” I would have asked him when was the last time he used a pesticide or herbicide and watched his face turn red. I think you are spot on Dawn, heā€™s a jerk.
From the loss of your colony some good may come of it if it makes people think about the environment and the use of poisons. Be proud of involving the media, a positive step.
Cheers

2 Likes

One week after the last inspection, the hive is dead. Discarding any frames which may have contaminated honey in them, but honestly, there isnā€™t much left. I think we should just start over next year. :cry: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It would be wise to disguard any honey in the hive not knowing what the actual poison is. To play it on the side of safety I would cut out the wax and start again after washing the frames to maybe dilute and residual toxin. Trashing the frames might be a safer option worth considering.
It is really a shame that humankind is so uncaring for our environment that we rely on for us to exist. We are looking to Mars as a future planet for future generations to inhabit, and we canā€™t care for our planet Earth.
Iā€™m sure you will ā€˜kick offā€™ again next Spring with another colony in that hive Dawn, good luck to you.
Cheers

3 Likes

Usually when I try to put a bit of humour in it falls flat. Read this with the intention of cheering you up.

Now if you speak to Skegs very nicely, I am sure he could sort out a couple of those swarms he has collected to get you going again. :innocent: Maybe best just to give him a few hours warning before you pop in and collect them.:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Peter, you said a mouthful there. Couldnā€™t agree more.

Dawn dear, I am just so sad for this to happen - in general and especially to you!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this @Dawn_SD I wish you were closer I would give you a swarmā€¦

3 Likes

Thank you so much everybody! Your support means an immense amount to me. Just have to love the great people on this forum.

:heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes