Caught a massive swarm, How long to keep queen caged to prevent Absconding?

Dawn … Naaaah ! Volume n aestheticly I’d probably not ever buy one. I love n have enough wooden ones already for all mine. Plus I use upside down quarts with tiny holes poked in the lids. Works great for temperary uses !

I was curious just incase others asked or weren’t handy with wood. I guess there’s a place for all things. I use plastic for my temperary chick feeder n waters. I can put in the dishwasher to clean n sterilize ! Sorry I scared ya ! :wink:

Thankz for the quick note… I appreciate the caring n ideas you have !!! Keep em coming my dear friend.

Have a quiet afternoon,

Jerry

P.S. I’m starting a new project … My new Flow-Hive I believe (since I stuffed it) will need at least one honey super so I’m going to cut down a deep cedar that’s not assembled yet to help take care of that need. I ordered a 8 frame from Beethinking because it should match. This afternoon I’m going to cut it down to size n make a “Quiltbox” with the lower 3"s plus …

One deep Cedar super is now one shallow 8 frame n one 3" high quilt box frame.

Great idea, Jerry. Should look really nice. :heart_eyes:

Here’s my first picks before Tung Oil.

. I need finish the “Quilt” but not today. I had a job today n helping Vera this afternoon. I will be teaching 8 to 10 Vietnamese older students English. So my day is toast/done !

Jerry

2 Likes

Very nice.
I just fill an old empty super with PIR insulation

Dee,

Define PIR insulation please ! I may know it by another name but at this moment I don’t have a Clue ! Gẻrald

PolyIso insulation board. not Polyurethane. The insulation board that may be around your furnace ducting, if your house has forced air heating.

That’s the stuff. Used here for wall insulation. 50mm in the hives

Okay ! Thankz ! I’m a HVaC tech … I use that stuff n have some. :+1:

Hey Dawn,

Picked up a 8 n 10 frame pollen trap. Several of my hives are Jammed packed pollen so just might try these two contraptions first of next week if the inspections look okay.

You had an experience with pollen traps ? Probably dumb question, :smile:. Lay it on
me ! :sunglasses:.

Jerry

I have not, but Rusty Burlew in WA state has: