@#$& Dangit! Zika knee jerk reaction spraying

There have been 7+ reported cases in Ga. Schools are not in the practice of leaving themselves exposed to lawsuit so they do things like this. A school district I worked for (as a biology teacher) wiped out a colony of ground nesting bees (200+) just because of concerns that someone ‘might’ think they were stung by one and having a bad reaction. Once they know about it, they are liable for damages. If they have pooling water and some one is infected, they are open for a lawsuit. Zika virus is not something someone wants or would want to play around with. It causes birth defects and is a very serious concern for communities where it is popping up.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html

Even with the vector not being in the local area, it is a distinct possibility its going to happen and then its really going to go crazy in regard to spraying… Not saying I disagree with you, just saying that I predict its going to get much worse in regard to pesticide spraying. I would move my bees.

As great as that letter is, unfortunately this is not going to be a battle you are likely to win…

Ultimately, maybe not but for now, the implications of unnecessary spraying are known.
Education, no pun intended, is key.

This

is even more alarming

I’m convinced ZIKA isn’t caused by mosquitos but by insecticides and chemicals used on GMO fields. Hope the school paid attention to your request.