Been helping my hives combat a large yellow jacket presence - reduced to single bee entry, covered remaining entrances with screens for ventilation and have bee-friendly wasp traps set. However I need to extract and start feeding but the yellow jackets are still around. My thoughts are to just wait it out until they are gone but it’s going to kill my honey harvest.
The 2 hives are a split (I captured the initial swarm) with one being a bit stronger than the other and with a few super frames of honey ready to take. Really don’t want to risk opening them up and letting a few wasps in. Anyone had to deal with this scenario? (NY based hives).