I got my fist flow three frame set-up as a founder contributor. Since then I added another 7 frame setup. last year was my full harvest - which was wonderful. After each harvest, I noted that the harvested cells on the flow frames remain uncapped. Bees remove some of the caps, but others remain capped and not used up for refilling. That also had led to leaking into the hive, as excess honey slowly drains in as the uncapped cells have not been sealed/repaired after harvest.
This year, I harvested again, and noted the same problem. Yesterday, three weeks after my harvest, I inspected the whole hive and found the three flow frames in the hive looking full and fully capped (see photo). But the frame was not that heavy. Once it was removed and tried to drain the honey after twisting it to break the cells, the caps remained intact and the flow was very slow. I then resorted to place the frames in my extractor and removed about 3 litres of honey. To do that, I had to dcap, which was quite easy with my decapping knife. From the normal combs besides the flow frames in the 3 flow frame setup, I got nearly 8 litres of honey.
I have placed all three frames and the harvested combs and the bees have cleaned them up now and ready to fill.
It looks like, this presents us a problem.
Any hints from your experience, please.