How can I harvest frames that are not totally full?

What are you eating there Jerry? I can make out potatoes with dirt and broccoli… but the rest has me completely stumped! … :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

ROFL!!! :joy: You don’t have black pepper in Aus?

The protein looks like pork or chicken, if I had to guess, I would say pork. The sauce looks laden with butter - bring it on! :smile:

Whoa! … that is some serious pepper… our potatoes are mashed with a slurp of milk and a pinch of salt… and to get adventurous, a clove of crushed garlic. Meat will be a BBQed steak or sausage with tomato sauce. Just simpledons over here…

1 Like

There may be some other ground spices in there, like cumin or coriander. Jerry is a master of asian culture. :wink:

1 Like

Dawn n Rod,

The “Dirt” :smile: actually is fresh chopped garden sage, rosemary, oragano, thyme blended with pepper n a cut/reduced Asian fish sauce ( blend of fish sauce {nuoc mam}, chillies, crushed garlic, ginger n honey n a dab of H2o ))…

I scrape the herbal organic matter into the juices, add some lemon/pepper with heavy cream n corn starch (thickener) to make a spicy but creamy gravy. :stuck_out_tongue::kissing_heart::sunglasses:

And that’s the dirt in this cooking adventure.

Nitie nite folks from the states.
Gerald

2 Likes

hmm, but the stuff on the potatoes looks pretty dry - too dry for fish sauce! :wink:

:grinning:. Give time to find the freshes dill weed. My hens enjoy mine emensly ! Nitie nite :zzz::zzz::zzz:. Jerry

That’s a mix of herbs on the Spuds ! I’m not suppose to add salt … Not that I totally listen but have learn to enjoy the natural salts in foods more. Usually butter has enough because I don’t buy unsalted butter !

1 Like

Now I know what it is, it sounds delicious… hope it went down a treat.

This sounds a bit like FODMAPS rather than IBS…

Dawn,

Thankz for explaining-that 8 way Bee Escape ! Now I have a clean brain-wave n pix’s up in my Gray-matter ! :sunglasses:. We sure did get off on a different “tack” :wink::+1:
. Topping off two of my weaker/smaller colonies with 1:1 before we have to get serious with the 2:1 mix up here if needed.

Have a great n :sunny: Humpday !
Jerry

Bought this bouquet at one of our local Farmers Markets yesterday … They had a class on seed collection.
I like to support our local small farmers at the markets when possible ! :grapes::eggplant::ear_of_rice:

1 Like

Low FODMAP diet is used for IBS - it was developed by Sue Shepherd at Monash University in Australia.

I have been using a low FODMAP diet for over a year, and it works pretty well. Fortunately I don’t have a problem with lactose or fructose, so I can eat yogurt and honey! :blush:

Good to know you know about it - a lot of people are just sent away with an ‘IBS’ diagnosis with no other info ref e.g. FODMAPS etc!

That happened to me too, I was very disappointed that the Gastroenterology team just lost interest once they had done all of the tests. So I did a lot of my own reading and came across Sue Shepherd’s work. It wouldn’t be going too far to say it has changed my life. I used to take about 50 loperamide per week, now I only need a couple. I had to stay in the house about 3 days per week, or make sure I was within 5 minutes of a loo - very difficult and embarrassing. Travel was a nightmare. Now everything is manageable, although eating out is often a challenge.

I can’t imagine being able to keep bees unless I had found this diet. Now I can spend 2 hours inside a bee suit several miles from the nearest loo without worrying! :blush:

Yep me too - once they discovered i wasn’t coeliac they weren’t interested. I don’t suffer with FODMAPS but have discovered i am intolerant to wheat, dairy and eggs, and am so much better without them!

This topic certainly went off the rails…

5 Likes

I specialize in that, but I did mention bees, honey or bee suits in just about every response! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Lol sorry!! will try not to thread-jack…

2 Likes

You are right !
By the way l watched all your youtube videos before l joined this forum - really good ! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It was amazing
We looked at the flowframes several times
About a month ago they ware partially capped
Then nothing changed, lately my impression was, that they were moving the honey down into the broodbox
before harvesting there was capped honey but almost no nektar in the flowframes
This is the same frame after harvesting
A month later - rather less then before
Well my harvest was rather modest but the viskosity seems ok - anyway the risk of fermenting is very low because it will be eaten up before
Conclusion: I am very happy it worked :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like