Looks like the one on the right is having twins, at least! :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to! @Anon whatā€™s for dinner? :grinning:

2 Likes

Goat curry!!! :imp: Just ā€œkiddingā€ aroundā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

ā€¦and that pic is a month old :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh lordā€¦was kinda hoping that would not happen, but I shouldā€™ve known - got me there @Dawn_SD :sweat_smile: ā€¦realized a moment too late how that sounded :grin:

Sorry @Anon!! I pose no threat to your adorable goats :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

My wife and daughter have a rule on our little hobby farm; no eating the animals. Once they took a wounded chicken to the vet to be euthanized. $75.00 to put down a $2.00 chicken. I showed them the grill and said, ā€œI couldā€™ve euthanized the chicken right thereā€ :wink:

2 Likes

we are getting 1/2 a gallon a day of milk from mom. So good!

5 Likes

Beautiful people holding beautiful goats!

A day in the life of a goat keeper!
My kids feeding kids lol.

1 Like

Look who showed up at 10pm last night :slight_smile:

8 Likes

OMG, I want one! Problem is, my property is too small. That one is a real beauty/beau! :smile:

Just label her a ā€œserviceā€ or ā€œtherapyā€ goat :wink:

1 Like

Hi can I just say if it wasnā€™t for the flow hive idea I probably wouldnā€™t have got into beekeeping although I have the up most admiration and respect for them. So if it gets people in to keeping them and increases there dwindling numbers who cares. Itā€™s all for the greater good.

4 Likes

and they still hate milking machines :grinning:

I can euthanize a chicken in less than two secondsā€¦ two cuts less than 1/2" apartā€¦ debrain, followed by carotidā€¦ and they taste goodā€¦

1 Like

Well done:) you two ladies wouldnā€™t happen to be related by any chance, would you:)?

oh my I have been looking for someone that can do that as I canā€™t and I have 150 laying hens the vast majority are not laying any more and I can not do that. So I feed a lot of birds.

My husband euthanized a poor hen with single shot, and we left her for the coyotes and buzzards. The coyotes got the others. The rest flourish. Totally understand their feelings and sense of loss, our flock is somewhere between pets and farm animals. Not for eating, other than the eggs. Would love goats but donā€™t have the time to take proper care of them. Maybe at retirement.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Iā€™m a newbee, what is a warrhive?

Hi RBK
Thanks for the link. It is indeed a great asset for learning. Iā€™m a woodworker so the different construction methods of hives as well as varible ways to raise bees will help in my education.
CK