I put a swarm into my Flow Hive with both the brood box and Flow Super on - is this correct?

If you are in swarm season, I presume you are in Australia. It would help if you can complete your profile so that we can give you advice appropriate to your location. We have forumites all over the world here, and we all love to help each other. :blush:

I agree with @RBK and @Dunc, you need all of the frames in the brood box from the first day, and you don’t need the queen excluder or Flow super until the first brood box has fully drawn straight comb and is bursting with bees and brood/food stores (at least 80% full).

Also if you put a flat stone (like a tile) or tape some fly screen over the hole in the inner cover, they won’t build in the roof space.

Did you keep it fairly intact? If so, you could rubber band it into empty frames and give it back to the bees. It represents a lot of work and energy spent by them, so if you give it back, they will build up faster for this season. Here is a link to another post discussing how to rubber band honey comb into frames:

Swarms are wax-building machines. No colony builds comb as fast as a fresh swarm. That is why I suggested rubber banding the comb if you can, they will not build that fast again - now they have to focus on foraging and building up the colony size.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! :wink: