I've been slimed....NOW what?

OK, I have seen your posts for a long time. Now my curiosity is busting out. The “Captain” of what? A ship? Military? Commercial aircraft? Just want to know why you call yourself “the Captain”. Thank you!

:smile:

It is a very wet spring! Do you know what species they were?[quote=“David_Smith, post:19, topic:8409”]
5 x different species of wasps
[/quote]

Good luck with the rest of your nucs. Whereabouts are you in SE Aus.?

I’ve had frames slimed and thought they were completely destroyed. I froze them for a week, thawed them and gave them to a strong hive. The bees cleaned them up nicely.
If you think about it, many swarms move into old beehives that the wax moth’s have previously infested.

So are you talking wax moths, or SHB? Have small hive beetles reached your neck of the woods? Just curious. :blush:

We have SHB here but I don’t do anything for them aside from trying to keep strong hives.

Hi Dawn ,
Why Captain Midnight ?
as my alter ego of course -from my depths of time ,listening to re-runs of the 1930’s radio program " Captain Midnight and the flying commandos " and later morphed into Jet Jackson and the flying commandos - remember " ic a bud mud " alias Dobie Gillis Captain Midnight’s side kick . The Captain was code named 001 and ic-a-bud mud 002 .
I love the nostalgia of where Ian Fleming got his 007 inspiration from ( my opinion ) - The 1930’s predated Fleming but he too might have listened on a Xtal radio set with all the crackles and whistles just adding a surreal entonement ( new word ) particularly after lights out and under the blankets with rain beating on the roof above .
In the 1960"s , i used to listen to Biggles on a xtal radio we had hand made at home - we had our innocent adventures and our imaginations were captivated !!!

Hi Kirsten ,
My bees are in se gippsland , west gippsland , mornington peninsula ,benalla ,highawatha ,port welshpool and soon to be Drouin . I am to be found buzzing too and fro !-
Splitts soon -beat the swarming as much as possible ,
Cheers The Captain

Thanks for the explanation. I am just a naturally curious person! :blush:

ps Kirsten , i do not know what species the wasps were but i gave them names i will not repeat . I just watched the battles and did not interfere this year as i wanted my Quasi- nature experiments to go unhindered .
Bloody ruthless and persistent the wasps when they attack . Next year look out wasps as my wasp wacker / wasp vacuum cleaner and ant-rid baited cat food will be out in a broadside- my experiments are all over for the wasp brigade .
Of course my vegy - garden benefits from wasps - keeping other nasty insects in balance but my bees will have their defender back again and i will arm the bees with their greatest defences possible !- Good health and small openings .
Cheers The Captain

How come you are up so late -you should be in the twilight Zone ? - I was toying with the curiosity factor -thank-you for asking . I also have ancestors - ship captains - and i love the sea - so perhaps buried in my code i have sub-conscious genetic instincts or affiliations there as well - For me it fits and it fits my dreams and aspirations that real life i do not live up to - hence my Alta Ego . I love to romance the stone when i have but a grain of sand !
Cheers The Captain

RHC - of course you are so right - i never thought about that , thanks for sharing your insight .