My Harvesting Video :)

In those countries we can do our sums and not crash our cars!

i grew up with both imperial and metricā€¦

when metric came in it was a god sendā€¦ :slight_smile:

1000ml of water = I kg of waterā€¦

how good is that??

it all makes sense in nature :slight_smile:

If you donā€™t like roundabouts, you would not survive driving in the ACT or your beloved homeland

That might be the ā€œWorld Seriesā€?? :stuck_out_tongue: Nowhere near as interesting or international as the world cup, I agree! :smile:

I like round bouts just not driving on the wrong side of the road ones - if you ever come to UK, the West Midlands are full of them.

And Swindon has roundabouts on roundabouts!!

Should test your nerves out in Rome if you ever get the chance, there the roundabouts and traffic are a NIGHTMARE. Chevy Chase would have to agree with me there after his experience of a European Vacation

Not to mention Milton Keynes - roundabouts with roundabouts with roundabouts and traffic lights and lane zoning on the roundabouts too! :cold_sweat:

I think that I will just stay at home and observe my bees all day - when I get them

1 Like

Iā€™m with you. I fell off a roundabout once and it hurt.::cry:

Great video. Enjoyed seeing yours near your garden. That is the plan with mine.

FWIW - the website below is a great place to get glass jars at REALLY good prices. Different shapes and sizes and in quantities as small as 1. Even discounts for orders in larger increments. I have no affiliation with them, but have purchased in the past before I started on my honey flow journey. Let me know if there are better sites/prices than these

http://www.specialtybottle.com

PA aka Rob

1 Like

In the UKā€¦IKEA do some very large glass jars. If you want to be able to see your honey being harvestedā€¦or you can use the normal plastic bucket and lid.

Iā€™ll check out our local IKEA store down under. Thanks for the tip

thanks for that poohā€¦

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a great aperyā€¦ you canā€™t go wrong next to your garden :slight_smile:

Amazon was cheaper for me for a half gallon jar - just below $17 including shipping for 6 jars. Looks like the price has gone up again now to about $25, but I might get some more from Amazon when the price comes back down. :wink:

Your link gives a great jar price - $19 for 6, but when I add the cheapest shipping, they charge another $19.80. So unless I make a huge bulk order, I think I have to stick with my current supplier.

I imagine cost for shipping would be more outside the US. Makes sense to go with the cheapest cost. And if Amazon is charging that including shipping (I imagine Prime membership) then that would be the better way, by far.

Itā€™s a site to hold on to for reference though. They may have a better deal at times. Plus they have some little bear jars and octogon shaped jars that are perfect for the honey and provide a more unique collectible, IMHO

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
Great video, and congrats on your harvesting, Iā€™m a long way off my first harvest.

Iā€™m keen to find out about your videoing setup. Did you use a GoPro or similar and head mount it or have someone else there with a conventional vidcam. Do you mind telling me the type of cam and how you mounted it.

My goal is to mount an IP cam/s on my hive so I can watch my girls in action anytime, but its easier said than done. Iā€™ve got a conventional CCTV cam looking over the hive, but its more so to ensure vermin, like cane toads donā€™t go annoying them and the video clarity is not the best.

I could sit and watch them for hours, I hope thatā€™s not voyeurism!:flushed::laughing:

hi red,

Iā€™m glad you liked the videoā€¦

I just used my Samsung Note3 phone to record 5 sections and then stitch them together as one video with an android phone appā€¦ also uploaded it to from my phone to youtube

simplesā€¦ :slight_smile:

two snails made the mistake by going too close to one of my hives this weekā€¦ bye bye snailsā€¦ the bees soon fixed them up :wink:

Thanks for info Andrew, would you believe I have a Samsung Note 3 as well, but I didnā€™t think the video would be that great, so after seeing your efforts, Iā€™ll do some experimenting with it. Cheers.

1 Like

Dawn, thatā€™s probably my plan for 2017 harvest but need to get my girls thru this first season n winter ! I can easily get canning jars everywhere (grocery/hardware) up here in Puget Sound. Gerald :+1: