New bees for newbees - what to look for?

@TimB
When you mentioned Marshall, I figured you must be somewhere in the area. Marshall is about 1-1/2 hour drive south of where I am. Looks like it is a little closer to me than you. I was at the boat races on the river down your way a few years ago.

Iā€™m in Lacy Lakeview, right beside Waco Texas.

@TimB
I live in the country a little north of Texarkana

Maybe weā€™ll meet up in Marshall.

Two bags for $18 on Amazon, no postage. Mann charges more than $9 postage for one $11 bag.

1 Like

@TimB
Possibly someday

@TimB
I didnā€™t know about shipping cost. I set it up to pick mine up WITH the nucs.
Also, if you happen to be ordering other things, many of their items (not all), ship for free, if the total order is over $100. I usually just wait until it totals that or more to place an order. Then, no shipping charges typically. Some of the items may not qualify, but, the majority do.
I think many suppliers have similar policies.
I buy stuff on amazon too. Not necessarily just bee stuff. If you have a prime membership ($100/yr), most things ship faster and mostly without shipping charges.

1 Like

did you get the date change to April 17?

2 Likes

I just love the way you two guys are supporting each other (@Sambees and @TimB)! :blush:

This represents the very best of what this forum is all about. Thank you for your uplifting posts :star_struck:

2 Likes

Dawn, tell me more about that recipe you posted a few days ago please.

The one for syrup for feeding bees? :thinking:

You threw out an Italian dish you were preparing and it sounded great. I love 2 cook.

I am picking up in Clarkson KY. The pickup dates are not the same as Marshall. I did check on whether or not there had been any changes a few days ago. Also, I asked the salesperson that I deal with to let me know if anything changes.

the pick up date has changed 2 the 17th. then pick a time.

Hmm, I have wracked my senile brain, and searched my recent posts. I canā€™t find anything. However, I did make this recently, if you found the video on YouTube:

I think a bit of bread with honey herb butter on the side would be great with this, or a salad with a honey mustard dressing. :wink:

Tonight we are making venison escalopes with a sour cream, mushroom bourbon sauce plus honey glazed carrots with thyme. Probably served with mashed or roasted potatoes, depending on how much energy I have! So many things to do with honey in home cooking! :blush:

1 Like

will Tung oil protect the roof just as well as a couple of coats of good outdoor paint?

1 Like

The roof is a high maintenance piece of equipment if you use tung oil. You will probably have to refinish it every year. Outdoor paint works better, and in TX, I would use white paint. :wink:

the system says okey dokey wasnā€™t long enoughā€¦ not enough characters.

1 Like

You can always use a long name emojiā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face:

That one works well, but there are lots of others! :blush:

Ahhh, is that how you get around it? Thanks for the tip.

1 Like