Over Flow Flowhive

Hello there! This is my 3rd season with the flow hive but my first real harvest! Very satisfying! Question, and it may be just user error, has anyone else noticed honey dripping down the inside of the hive and then into the bottom tray during cracking/harvesting?? Through the window you can see once the frame is cracked,
honey squishes out past the capping down the frame and i end up loosing about 6oz into the bottom tray, per frame… thx!

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the successful harvest.

There has been much discussion about the causes and cures for honey overflow - from frame wire tension to wet caps to incremental opening, etc.

If you use the search function I am sure that you will come across the popular working theories!

Send another message if more questions remain…

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Flow forum! :blush:

As @chau06 wrote, this is a very common question and has been answered a lot of times. In order to avoid repetition, I totally agree with his suggestion to use the search tool, but meanwhile here is a thread to get you started. It has a link to another thread which you may find useful too:

Hi Shayla,
Please also email info@honeyflow.com if you need any product assistance or feel your frames may be faulty or damaged in any way.
Our team will be happy to troubleshoot the issue with you and make sure everything is working as it should.

1 Like