Swarm.... now is this the Virgin Queen?

I’m seeing mushrooms and snails but I can’t see the car. Put me out of my curiosity mate.
Going out the the apiary with the new poly hives when it cools off a bit, I’m doing more splits to get on top of the swarming urge, my bees think it is Spring and not February. Busy days.
Cheers

Hi Pete, you’ll have to come back to it later on. I’ve got 1 hint, it’s in the shape of a VW.

This humidity on top of the heat is the killer. I’ve got plenty of brood boxes, it’s frames I’m working on & short of.

I found the Car! it was doing my head in for a minute- then ‘thar’ she blows!! Eureka!

1 Like

That IS definitely a virgin car Jeff.
It ain’t no Combi.

1 Like

I just found the VW beetle, can’t figure not seeing it for so long as it is leaping out when you see it. It certainly is a brain teaser.
Cheers

1 Like

:wink: Found the car wow alost did my eyes in with this picture. car looks like a VW.

1 Like

Wilma got my to look at another image. This one determines what level a Alzheimers or Dementia you have. In this image you have to find a butterfly, a bat & a duck. If you only find one, you’re in a bad way. If you find two, you’re not too bad. If you find three, you’re ok.

cheers

2 Likes

Looks like I’m okay …but, was there a time limit on this test?? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

looks like I’ve got the faulty image again.
The bat, butterfly and duck all died and consequently disappeared.

2 Likes

Been staring at it for an hour and I think I found the dog.

5 Likes

Hi Eve, apparently there’s no time limit. It looks like you, Felmo & I are ok, it’s sad about @BooBees :slight_smile: however I’m sure Boo is only kidding.

1 Like

I found the butterfly above the boys head but am constantly trying to remember the other two thing to find.
Your doing my head in Wilma :smile:
Cheers

2 Likes

The bat is between the kids, touching the girls arm with wings spread.

Still trying to spot the duck. You need to look for the abstract of what you want it seems…

Wilma said “you’re in a bad way Peter” :slight_smile:

1 Like

@BooBees nearly spotted the duck…

I see a snail, and a balloon, and a carrot too… :crazy_face:

What if you don’t find anything?

2 Likes

This was the thread & photo I tried to find a few weeks ago so I could study the bee that I thought was the virgin queen a bit closer.

This is the one @Semaphore’s friend said “that’s a worker”.

@KilahCo, did you ever confirm whether that bee was the virgin queen or not?

After further close examination, studying the head & thorax, I have to agree with Jack’s friend, that it must be a worker. Wilma & I were wrong.

cheers

1 Like

really? That’s a turnaround jeff! Vicky was quite adamant, "worker!’. That was also my first impression. A lot depends on the angle you view the bee at- most times - even with a virgin queen that has only just emerged- it is very obvious that it is a queen. I had read that virgin queens were hard to spot and assumed they looked a lot like workers until they were mated and fully mature- but having seen quite a few now emerge directly from their queen cells I know they are quite obviously queens right off the bat.

1 Like

Hi Jack, I was focused more on the coloring of the abdomen & the way she stood with her wings out. I wanted to take another look at this photo, so I could study the thorax more & also see if the legs are showing. I was lucky I found it, I had no recollection that it was in the same thread as the first puzzle I posted. I was able to find that again with some key words to search.

I’m the first to admit that I’m wrong.

cheers

I’ve kept quiet. But nice to see a consensus :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was 100% the queen! She got a little darker after mating fight and much more chunkier :rofl:

Or at least there turned out to be a queen with a black tip and a golden belly just the same in the hive! It’s now a roaring home :house:

3 Likes