The Secret Ingredient That Stops Honeybees From Becoming Queens

6 Likes

Thank you for this. It will keep my husband happy for hours as he pores over the original article and checks the science behind it! :smile: :blush:

1 Like

If you find the cited document could you post it (or a link) here please?

PS. What do you make in the dehydrator I saw in your kitchen?

He will find it, but as it is in a PLOS journal, I doubt that it is accessible to non-academics with no science library access, without paying . :nerd_face:

That is not a dehydrator, although it does look like one. :blush: It is an Actifry Air Fryer - you can make french fries with a teaspoon of oil per person serving. Like this one, except ours is about 8 years old and they were white back then:

You can also use it to saute, make stir fired veggies, and even make things like caribbean chicken with pineapple and spices. Pretty useful for low fat cooking. :wink:

Oh ye of little faith … I have unlimited science library access. With a wife with a planet named after her (Minor Planet 25511) we have all sorts of geek goodies!

3 Likes

Welcome to the World of Nerdiness, then! :blush:

Here you go:

It actually looks unrestricted in that format, at least :slight_smile:

4 Likes

THANK YOU - when I finish my cybersecurity reading I’ll get to this.

In the military they call it saltpeter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… yes, well, sorry to burst your bubble … good luck fighting off the boys!

blogs.mcgill.ca/oss/2013/01/04/what-is-saltpeter-used-for-and-is-it-true-it-reduces-certain-“carnal-urges”/

I was just saying the other day to my Wife. You know that stuff they gave us to drink when I was in the Air Force…Well I think the affects have just worn off. :blush:

5 Likes