Hi all, I just did a thorough inspection of one of my hives top to bottom, as I thought I could see wax moth larvae poo on the corflute slider. I also wanted to see how many Braula fly were left on the bees after my nicotine treatment, and further, the general state of the brood and supplies.
The hive is comprised of three ideal boxes. The top box had all 8 frames full of honey. I froze these a few days back to kill the early instar stages of the fly, and replaced them on the hive.
The second box from the top had eggs, some brood and honey on the sides. I think also patches of pollen.
The bottom box had nothing but smallish patches of pollen and the odd patch of honey. It was more or less empty, but had plenty of bees in it.
I found no evidence of wax moth, and very few adult Braula fly on the bees. Unfortunately I didn’t see the queen to check her for Braula.
Seemed to be plenty of bees through the hive.
I am concerned about the bottom box being empty of brood, eggs and pretty much everything else.
I am seeking any options on the state of play here please.