Wednesday, May 25th when I made my swarm prevention split, I rolled/lost the queen.
The following Wednesday I made an additional split with some of the emergency queen cells that were subsequently created and left the remainder in the parent colony.
If my math is correct, that makes tomorrow, June 6th the 12th day since killing the queen and the bees starting on a replacement with day old larvae. The 12th day from that point is Hatching day correct?
(there may be an earlier hatch in the initial split as some swarm cells were moved)
When is it okay to inspect again?
Do I go in to see what hatched and tear down remaining cells if there was indeed a hatch or just leave that to the virgin queen?
The weekend of June 11-12 would be mating flight time. Wait until after that maybe?
Oh, and when should I steal emerging brood from my other hive so there are young nurse bees around. After I see the new queens are laying?
Any guidance would be appreciated.