Why do bees don't go in?

Hello everyone,I just got the flow hive.But I already test for 7days,I also tried to apply some beewax coating the hive,the bees do not into the hive?

another question:Why does the two pieces of cells depth is different?

When the frames ship they are in the open position from what I remember. You have to use the key to close the cells before putting them in the hive. And as Dexter said, if it is a new hive or if they are busy doing something else in the hive they won’t start working on the flow frames until they are ready. How is the nectar flow where you are this time of year?

@snowbolls This person is in Chine at Shenzhen on the mainland above Hong Kong.

Sounds like you are trying to encourage the bees to use the flow by coating in wax??

The flow Hives are the same depth as the Brood box but are to be used as Supers not Brood boxes - Is that what you mean??

Have you installed a nucleus or package? You need to manually add bees.

1 Like

I am in shenzhen China.I put three frames in the super and 10 frames in the brood box.
The sumer is end,but the temperatrure is 28 degree here.
thanks for your answer.I can’t send pictures because I am a newcomer before.

sorry,I operate miss

Thank you for your answer.The cells is closed.I am a fresh beekeeper so I do know more.It is autumn here.

@snowbolls Did you buy or catch bees for the hive??

Bees don’t magically appear at a hive they need to be encouraged, lured, bought or be given some bees.

All you have is a hive box and frames??

You need to speak to a beekeeper and get help!!

sounds like there is an expecation that bees will just by choice take up residency. Snowbolls, you need to buy a bee package, a nuc, or catch a swarm. Other contributors advice to join a beekeeping club is good advice. The flow frame doesnt look properly closed. Did you buy your flowframe from the indiegogo campaign or somewhere else?

Yes,I had encourage the bees to use the flow by coating in wax.Sorry ,I am a new beekpeer ,I start to keep bees when I see the Flow hive.I also need to learn more about keep bee.
another question I asked is Two piece of cells is not same depth like the picture:

They are not fully closed. Use the key to adjust them until they line up.

Also in Autumn there is probably not a lot of nectar and pollen around. In most places Fall and Winter are the worst times to start a hive because they won’t be able to get up enough strength to last. How are your winters? Mild or very cold? If you have very mild winters the bees may be able to still fly out and find some forage, but this all really depends on your local area. Definitely connect with some local beekeepers who can give you more specific experiences and advice to your area and show you the tips and tricks to being successful.

They look a full 1-2 mm off of alignment. I know the bottom and top do not come together and touch but they should line up even right?

Yes,I am putting the flow frames on an established hive.There is enough bees in the established hive.

Thanks,I have enought bees in the brood hive