Bee Photographs

Just got my NUC Saturday morning. What a fiasco and I can say SECRET SERVICE and Obama caused me a little stress :-). After picking up my Bee’s in the design District of Dallas, I needed ahead 15 miles north to my home. I typically take the tollway. President Obama was in town and Secret Service an the city police had the tollway shut down at the time I was wanting to get on it, he was moving from the airport. So I ended up having to take back roads with a box in the back of my Toyota Prius. Also I had my mother and a friend of hers in the car with me. An extra 20 minutes in the car due to travel time of all the roads being shut down. One Bee happen to escape, and I could see it in the rearview mirror causing me a little stress thinking what a stupid idea I had bringing my mother and her friend with me.

We got home okay, and about 2 hours later I transferred the colony and all went well. Got them settled in with some sugar syrup and some beehealthy. Now just relaxing.

The other image is of the next morning showing thermal imaging of the hive box. Thought it would be cool to share.

5 Likes