Beekeeping Basic Essentials - What do you need?

I carry Tylenol and Clarityn, plus Benadryl syrup. Clarityn helps with the itching and is non-sleepy. Benadryl syrup can be used for adults and children. It helps greatly if there is an allergy risk, but it can make people very sleepy. I also carry a cell phone in the outer pocket of my bee suit, just in case I need to call for an emergency. Hasn’t happened yet, but I like to be prepared.

1 Like

Hi Dawn, do you have anything to help with swelling? :slight_smile:

Only something which is not OTC (i.e. it needs a prescription). :blush:

When my eye got closed up and my face swelled, I took some steroids based on the advice of a friend who is an expert on allergies and inflammation, but I don’t carry it in my bee bag - I am a naughty self-treating doctor and I had some steroids for treating asthma exacerbations at my home. :wink: He saw my face, and confirmed that the reaction was inflammation from venom, not allergy. Given the discomfort, he advised taking some steroids.

1 Like

Well done Dawn, I was just being cheeky. I hope the swelling is gone now :slight_smile:

Did you read where I collect wood from skips? I’m heading off to get some now. cheers

1 Like